Dinner time!

A place for the Admins to post announcements about upcoming events and changes in policy.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Dinner time!

Post by Marduk »

So, to make up for any percieved faux pas of insulting the infallible board, I've decided to cook for all of you. Any writers or readers are welcome to come, though I'd like to have a head count to ensure sufficient vittles. (Although, I always make more than enough, so if we have a few more than projected, it'll be fine.)

The nitty-gritty:

When: I'll be out of town after finals for two weeks, so when I get back. Say, Saturday the fifteenth? I'm open to other suggestions, if need be. Probably around 7ish?
Where: My apartment seems to be as good as any. Crestwood Condos, 1800 N. State St, Provo apt. 332 *watches anonymity fly out nearby window*
What: I'll make a pork tenderloin with a bearnaise sauce, a caprese salad, and some steamed asparagus. I'll also talk my roommate into making one of his fabulous desserts (he really is quite the baker.)

So who wants in?
Marzipan

Post by Marzipan »

Hey, totally count me in! This sounds like an adventure!
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

I'll be wearing a paper bag, blending my food in a blender, and eating through a nasogastric tube for the sake of anonymity, but I'm game.
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

Did someone say something about a free hot meal?

But yeah, I'm game.
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

Cognoscente wrote:Image

But yeah, I'm game.[/img]
Not having Edit privileges in this thread is sad.
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
Marzipan

Post by Marzipan »

Hahah. Zoidberg! Excellent.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Cognoscente wrote:
Cognoscente wrote:Image

But yeah, I'm game.[/img]
Not having Edit privileges in this thread is sad.
Tell me what you want edited and I'll do it. (For some reason, I'm not smart enough to figure out how to edit it properly on my own...which means I'm doing something wrong.)

Topic at hand*, I might be down with coming. It depends on if I want to make the trip, what else is going on that day, etc. (Preferably I could set something else up in Provo that day to make it worth it HEY ANYONE WANT TO HANG OUT?) But it sounds great. I hope lots of people come!

*I had "Anyway" here before, but that's a habit to break.
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

I'd be up for it, as long as nobody cares that I don't actually have any of the pork...
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I won't be there. Sorry. [ =

Although it would be fun... And maybe feasible, because I'm done with finals that Wednesday... I'm not sure. I'll talk to my mother and see if she's up for it.

But probably not. [ =
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

We're talking May fifteenth? As in, the first days of farmers market? The first Saturday when I have to get up no later than six thirty so we can be all set up in time to sit in a booth for several hours?

...sure.

C4, you should come hang out with me. And Random. In our booth. We'd love to have you, you know! And it will be fun! Probably! : )
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Uh oh.... Um, what time are you going to be done? I mean, how long does that go? Would you still be able to help me? Should we look at a different day?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

The thing is, you have it any Saturday, starting with that one, and I'll be busy all morning. Takedown starts at two, and we have until three to get out of the park. If you can wait until about three thirty for me to show up (or help me with takedown so I'll get out of there faster), it'll be fine.

I hope you're not planning to have me do much of the cooking, by the way. I seem to have a knack for doing something wrong, such as forgetting the soy sauce, letting the meat burn, not cooking the rice long enough, adding too much vanilla... and even when I think I've done it all right, I usually end up with a less-than-stellar product. Just a warning.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Nah, mostly chopping. I think you'll be alright. Usually anything that can be messed up I take care of.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

I would make some joke about blood, but surprisingly I have never yet hurt myself while cooking. Only foodstuffs have been damaged.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Ok, so looks like we're back on, then! Come one come all.... who else wants in?
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

I do, I do!
Commander Keen

Post by Commander Keen »

I'm there. I mean, what kind of a party would it be without the person who seemed to convince you that there was some offense in the first place...?

But seriously, I'll come. And I'm not all too familiar with Bearnaise sauce, but I seriously think about bears + mayonnaise every time I read that word. And that's plenty of excitement to lure me in.
<insert smarmy quote here>
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

I'm in. I'll be back from Houston by then.
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

Count me in. At this point I'm not really sure what I'm up to this summer, but I should be available that day.
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

My special talent is to out of town when people throw parties. It's quite astounding, really. On May 15th, I will be in . . . Niagara Falls, Canada. No party for me. :-(