Dinner Party

A place for the Admins to post announcements about upcoming events and changes in policy.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Dinner Party

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

My friends, another party with delicious dinner included SHALL BE HAD. If you want tasty foods, keep your calendars clear on Friday the 17th of September. Some details are still being worked out, but I wanted to get the word out so y'all could prepare.

Keep an eye on this thread to know what, where, when, and why!
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Re: Dinner Party

Post by NerdGirl »

If there's a why other than the fun of eating tasty food, I am excited to hear it!
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

I am ready! I couldn't go to the last couple, but nothing is keeping me back this time (except if I become living impaired...that could be problematic).
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

What time? Because I'd love to come, but my stake is having a dance that night. Although the dance doesn't start until 8:30.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Time was one of the things being finalized. We're going with 7 pm. Gotta have time to get everything done. So there's the exact when.

Where: Marduk's new apartment. He will do something like send out PM's as the date approaches.

What and why are still to come.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

I shall of course be in attendance. After all, I'm doing the cooking. Menu is To Be Determined.
Deus ab veritas
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Hey! It's September! Will Sky Bones be able to make it??

(I'm considering. I promised a friend I'd visit her at BYU sometime soon, and with the Board Booth the day before, and not having to rehearse that Saturday, it's looking promising.)
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Sky Bones had better be there, as we're throwing the party in her honor. (Why: check.)

Now if only I could get Marduk to decide what he's making. Last time I asked him he came up with things like "ice cream cake cones and waffle cones?" Maybe we were in the wrong part of the grocery store...
Indefinite Integral

Post by Indefinite Integral »

Ooohhh...sounds deliciously fun. I'll try to get all my grading done early so I can come visit Provo again.
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
Sky Bones
Board Writer

Post by Sky Bones »

Yes, of course I'll be there! :) And I'll be bringing my husband and daughter, too. I am very excited about this!
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Right now, it is looking like a mornay sauce over steamed vegetables, a tomato coulis over either polenta or fried eggplant (depending on availability) and roasted rosemary potatoes. There's a couple of items that need to be in season for this to work, so it is subject to change. Please RSVP so I know how many I'm cooking for.
Deus ab veritas
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

I should be there! You need me to bring anything, Dukster?
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Marduk wrote:Right now, it is looking like a mornay sauce over steamed vegetables, a tomato coulis over either polenta or fried eggplant (depending on availability) and roasted rosemary potatoes. There's a couple of items that need to be in season for this to work, so it is subject to change. Please RSVP so I know how many I'm cooking for.
I don't think I've ever tried any of the above except steamed vegetables. I'm getting better at being more culinarily adventurous, but I'm still a tad scared. I will definitely still be coming, though. By the way, can someone give me a ride?
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

I will be there.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I'm pretty much thinking I'll show up. Not sure if I'm bringing anyone (I'd try to make sure that they're at least Board readers before I let them come). I'll have you know I'm missing a devotional by Elder Zwick to be in town, so it'd better be good.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

I'm sure I can beat Zwick.
Deus ab veritas
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Marduk wrote:I'm sure I can beat Zwick.
At what? Cooking? I'm actually pretty sure you're right.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Further information:

I cannot find fully ripe eggplant, so that's out. Instead, the coulis will be over Tilapia.
Address is 606 W 1720 N Provo, apt 232 (Carriage Cove apts)

So far in attendance I have listed:
Marduk
Bobtheenchantedone
Sky Bones
Mr. Bones
C is for
Craig Jessop
Dead Cat
Indefinite Integral
Gumby

Let me know if I missed anyone, also, it isn't too late to RSVP still.
Deus ab veritas
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Marduk, I insist you edit your post and alphabetize the list. It's so close! It'll drive me crazy.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I kind of like having Sky Bones and her companion up at the top, like they're guests of honor. (The hosts, I guess, get to be at the very top.)

I'd be happy to remove Gumby from the end of the list, though.