Party - Feb 20

A place for the Admins to post announcements about upcoming events and changes in policy.

What day?

Thursday, Feb. 19
14%
Saturday, Feb. 21
29%
Friday, Feb. 27
29%
Saturday, Feb. 28
29%

Total votes: 7

bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Party - Feb 20

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

SO.

We are having a party on the 20th. I am hoping this is sufficient time to prepare. We need people to bring food.

Any objections?
Last edited by bobtheenchantedone on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

Well, I'll likely be working until 9 or 10. But depending on where it is and how long it will be I could come by late.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

and the 21st I'll be working even later, so don't any one change the party on my account.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Again, I'll bring chips and salsa.

But where? Are we going to have it in the Alta lounge or your house Bob, or are we going to try another locale?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

I'm pretty sure it's all right with my parents to have the party at my place, though that means some of us are going to have to play chauffeur.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:I'm pretty sure it's all right with my parents to have the party at my place, though that means some of us are going to have to play chauffeur.
Well naturally I'll be taking Katydid and Rate of Energy. Who else needs rides, Fred, shall I pick you up while I am in the vicinity?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Guess what! We can't have a party at my house on the 20th. You see, I won't be there, and I can hardly host a party that I'm not attending.

So... either Fred or someone has to step up, or we can push it back another week.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:Guess what! We can't have a party at my house on the 20th. You see, I won't be there, and I can hardly host a party that I'm not attending.
You won't be here next weekend? Sadness. You'll be missed.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

So, from the looks of things, this is going to be a rocking party, attended by all of, uh, Sam and katydid, and held in... Sam's car? Hold on a tick, that can't be Honor Code appropriate. At least one other person has to be there! They need a chaperone!
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Yeah, I think a rescheduling might be in order. . .
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

As long as we reschedule to a day when I am free, we can have it at my house, which means there will be Call Family Punch.

So... we need to hear some voices, guys! Are you all for the 20th, or is there a better day? And if there is a better day, for Pete's sake specify which one!
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

I'll have you know that my Geo is capable of many rock-awesome parties.

Does the 19th work or shall we try for the 27th?
Identity Crysis

Post by Identity Crysis »

I vote 19th or 21st
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

The 19th works, but I do prefer having parties on weekends, since I can sleep in. Although I might be working on the 27th, But I'm free the 28th.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

It looks like another poll is in order.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

So... next Friday or Saturday is it?
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

either one works for me, I'll be over hours and as such not working on friday
Goober

Post by Goober »

can we have it somewhere different? like somewhere on campus? add some variety
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

someplace on campus? I don't know where we could go and really have a party. I suppose there probably won't be many people where we met for NaNoWriMo.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

But how late would we be able to stay there?