Introduce Yourselves!

Introduce yourself and meet other readers!
Tally M.

Re: Introduce Yourselves!

Post by Tally M. »

I kind of ignore the temperature here, because I know it's not going to be as cold as back home.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Tally M. wrote:I kind of ignore the temperature here, because I know it's not going to be as cold as back home.
Ha! I think that's the best contribution yet to the temperature scale wars going on elsewhere on this forum. :)
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

?
Attachments
DUG FROM UP.jpg
DUG FROM UP.jpg (2.44 KiB) Viewed 33800 times
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Thanks so much for doing the work for me, Giovanni. I was logged in via mobile, and i'm still getting used to using it. I don't know how to do that stuff unless it's on my laptop. :-)
Violet

Post by Violet »

As I already broke my lurkerdom elsewhere today, I might as well say hi here. I go by Violet (or variations of it). I've been lurking the boardboard for... awhile. Maybe a year? Then there was something I was going to comment on a few weeks back (I don't remember what now), so I registered for the first time. Then, unluckily was a part of that group that was locked out due to the missing email.

I feel like I know you guys, but if there's anything you'd like to know, ask away.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Where are you from? Are you a student?
Violet

Post by Violet »

Originally from Orem, Utah and yes, I am a BYU student. Hopefully I'll be graduating in August.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Hi Violet! Nice to have a fellow newbie here! ( although I guess you're not as much of a newbie if you've been lurking for a year) ;-p
blpsara

Post by blpsara »

Hi all. I finally registered and am no longer an official lurker, even though lurking may still be my primary mode of being on this site.

I'm Sara, originally from Reno, but I have lived in Utah long enough now to call it home. I've read the board for years. When my family came to Provo on our yearly summer trip, one of the first things my siblings and I would do in the WILK is go read through the physical 100 Hour Board. I think it went to the internet form my freshman year. Since then, I've been a pretty regular reader, with the exception of when I was on my mission.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

My Mom's family lives in Reno and Sparks! There's a good chance I've seen you somewhere!
Talons

Post by Talons »

My MTC companion was from Sparks! Small world!
pillowy

Post by pillowy »

Hi! I thought I'd come over here and introduce myself now that I've finally come out of lurker-hood. :)

I've been reading the 100 Hour Board since 2007, and have been reading the Board Board on and off for about the last year. I'm a female in my mid-twenties. I have a bachelor's degree from BYU in Integrative Biology, and I also minored in Family Life. I've been married for almost three years and have a one-year-old daughter. Currently I live in Southern California (where I'm from) and stay at home with my daughter. My husband is a clinical laboratory scientist (he got his degree from BYU in CLS, actually thanks to this 100 Hour Board answer by Rating Pending), and wants to eventually become a physician's assistant.

So, those are my demographics. To give you more of a feel for my personality, I love reading, nature/animals/gardening/the outdoors, the color yellow, those microwave molten caramel cakes by Betty Crocker, zip-lining, parasailing, and snorkeling (I obviously don't do the last three very often, but I LOVE the times I have been able to). My favorite movies are the Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Lion King, The Truman Show, Matilda, Life is Beautiful, Galaxy Quest, and Megamind.

And that's me! I'm excited to finally start contributing to the conversations. :)
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Ooh! I love love love gardening too! It's always fun to find out you share hobbies. :-)
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

welcome! I want to start a garden this summer, and I think I'm going to have to fence it off to prevent my dog from digging it up... I think I'll start with something easy like zucchini and maybe beets.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Welcome!

...uh, stay out of the "return to sender" discussion. We're not usually like that.
Deus ab veritas
blpsara

Post by blpsara »

And the Return to Sender discussion is ironically where I made my first post...
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

pillowy wrote:Currently I live in Southern California
Where at? I'm in the Culver City area.
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

I suppose I'll reintroduce myself, 'cause I've been gone for a while...

Hi! I'm Random. I'm Bob's sister. I decided to come back to the board board after our last party because I realized that you guys are cool and stuff. So here I am. I'm a theater major (with an emphasis in design) at UVU, and my job is to make stuff out of duct tape.
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
Owlet
Board Writer

Post by Owlet »

Hello there--I’m Owlet, and I’ve been peeking in here but didn’t want to make an account until I was officially a writer. And, um, now I’m here! I like reading, and learning, and the Board, and spicy food. I recently attempted mountain biking and failed. I’m insecure about my ‘nym. I can solve a Rubik’s cube in less than two minutes. Spiders scare me.

Well, that’s all the important stuff, isn’t it?
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Owlet wrote:Hello there--I’m Owlet, and I’ve been peeking in here but didn’t want to make an account until I was officially a writer. And, um, now I’m here! I like reading, and learning, and the Board, and spicy food. I recently attempted mountain biking and failed. I’m insecure about my ‘nym. I can solve a Rubik’s cube in less than two minutes. Spiders scare me.

Well, that’s all the important stuff, isn’t it?
Your 'nym is awesome and whimsical and you get to make owl/bird jokes all the time. :)