Introduce Yourselves!

Introduce yourself and meet other readers!
Tally M.

Re: Introduce Yourselves!

Post by Tally M. »

I went to that one crepe place in Provo that stays open late and has the owl in front. I thought of you, Owlet.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Owlet wrote:Hello there--I’m Owlet, and I’ve been peeking in here but didn’t want to make an account until I was officially a writer. And, um, now I’m here! I like reading, and learning, and the Board, and spicy food. I recently attempted mountain biking and failed. I’m insecure about my ‘nym. I can solve a Rubik’s cube in less than two minutes. Spiders scare me.

Well, that’s all the important stuff, isn’t it?
GUYS! GUYS! WE GOT OWLET! WOOHOO! YEAH! I was wondering when you were going to join! This is awesome! Welcome aboard, Owlet! ( did you notice my pun there? Tehehe)
Oh- and I really like not being the only woodland creature. I'm glad you're Owlet- but not just for selfish reasons! :-P
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Welcome, Owlet! Feel free to join in any discussion you have previously lurked in.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

yes welcome! we are so friendly most of the time
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Welcome!
Owlet
Board Writer

Post by Owlet »

Thanks, everyone--I couldn't have asked for a warmer welcome!
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

Owlet wrote:Thanks, everyone--I couldn't have asked for a warmer welcome!
You could have, but you wouldn't have gotten it. Ha!
Owlet
Board Writer

Post by Owlet »

Ah, true, I should've thought that through. I think what I meant was: "Thanks, everyone--I didn't think anyone would notice!" Haha you guys are great.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Not notice? C'mon, most of these people are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet (shout out to Katya! She's awesome.) and besides, you're a brand new official writer. Which is really pretty awesome. Of course we'll notice :)
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

yeah-- what Tally said. *group hug!*
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Squirrel is super nice and awesome too.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Did you read about the Owlet monitoring bootie for high-risk babies in BYU Magazine? Are you behind the Owlet bootie??
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Tally M. wrote:Squirrel is super nice and awesome too.
Aww, Tally. Thanks <3

Everyone knows that Tally is the most welcoming and quickest to find the good in others.

nice battle= WON! mwa ha ha ha ha
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

I feel like there is a particularly fun, welcoming group of active people on the boardboard right now. Glad you're joining us, Owlet.
Squirrel wrote:*group hug!*
Owlet
Board Writer

Post by Owlet »

Portia wrote:Did you read about the Owlet monitoring bootie for high-risk babies in BYU Magazine? Are you behind the Owlet bootie??
I'm not associated with it, but I've read about it a little, and it is kind of the reason for my 'nym. I was having the HARDEST time choosing one, and I eventually had to throw my hands in the air and choose the next halfway decent word I came across. The next morning on my way to class I saw a poster for those baby bootie things and I was like "Owlet. That sounds nice." As soon as I got home I created my account, and yeah. Hence the 'nym insecurity, because I hardly ever do spontaneous things and I worry if it was the right choice.

Clearly I have issues.

Anyway, thanks again. Hooray for nice people! It's probably going to take me a while to actually contribute since I don't have a lot of experience with forums and I have this vision that it's all flame wars and heated discussions. I know you guys are nice but I'm just shy, even online.
SmurfBlueSnuggie

Post by SmurfBlueSnuggie »

Hi. I'm Smurf Blue Snuggie. And I've known about the Board Board for a while, but didn't really think I wanted an account. Just sort of ignored it. And then recently I've been hearing more about it and finally caved. So here I am.

I love reading, especially Sci-fi and Fantasy. My favorite book in the world is Lord of the Rings. I graduated BYU a year ago, but I'm still struggling to find a job. I want a job for two main reasons: to move out on my own again and to save money to move to New Zealand. I've got a plan to spend a year there. It's pretty much my major life goal right now.

My 'nym was chosen as a joke and then I really liked it. My roommate at the time when I first discovered the Board was given a snuggie as a gag gift from her mom. And it happens to be the exact color of a smurf. And we were talking about it and taking funny photos while wearing it when I was asking a question. And now I'm named after a blanket. :D

I dunno what else to say. Except I sort of wish I'd noticed this thread before I started posting elsewhere. But that's me, doing everything out of order. :p
It doesn't matter what happened to get you to today, beyond shaping your understanding. What really matters is where you go from here.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Welcome SBS! My old roommate went to New Zealand a few years ago and she loved it, so I hope you get to go soon. (That was the summer that she also went to Japan and Korea. It was kind of a crazy summer.)

What did you study at BYU?
SmurfBlueSnuggie

Post by SmurfBlueSnuggie »

Wow. She packed her summer, no kidding. I thought a summer would be good enough, but I'm really not sure anymore. Hence the plan for a full year. :)

I studied Business Management, entrepreneurship. Loved so much! Great program with great professors and classes.
It doesn't matter what happened to get you to today, beyond shaping your understanding. What really matters is where you go from here.
robotfish

Post by robotfish »

I've actually been around for a month or so, but I was a bit reluctant to start a conversation, so:
Hi! I'm robotfish! I like reading, hiking, and naps. I hate bananas. My dream pet would be a really friendly, cuddly, non-vicious tiger.
That's about it.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Hi! Welcome!

I petted a tiger once. It was VERY soft.

My hand is the one wearing the watch. I think.