How I met the 100 Hour Board

Introduce yourself and meet other readers!
Naazju

Post by Naazju »

Oh, I've been in good company for a while; this story took place about 5 years ago.

(And you're not the first to relate my 'nym to those creatures, although I would like to mention that I had not yet read Tolkein when I came up with it.)
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Naazju wrote:Oh, I've been in good company for a while; this story took place about 5 years ago.

(And you're not the first to relate my 'nym to those creatures, although I would like to mention that I had not yet read Tolkein when I came up with it.)
Oh, so you're already hooked. Cool. And are you going to be werfish on us, or spare us that mystery?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Good question Nanti-SARRMM. ;D
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Tao

Post by Tao »

D'artagnan wrote: I am myself a person, newly joined in this board as well. Thought by some to be the repressed or hidden emotions of someone else. And now I feel shackled to that image. Let's hope you fare better.

Also, beware, exposing faults and being cynical means you are someone else in disguise. I wish you well.
Whoa, we have an Anti-Nanti? That's entertaining, in an odd way.

Greetings to both you and Naazju
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
Naazju wrote:Oh, I've been in good company for a while; this story took place about 5 years ago.

Oh, so you're already hooked. Cool. And are you going to be werfish on us, or spare us that mystery?
Just google Naazju. You'll get your answer.

BTW, I like the Harry Potter cake. :)
But thick as you are, pay attention!
My words are a matter of Pride.

My Goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
Goober

Post by Goober »

D'artagnan wrote:
Naazju wrote:Let's just start out by saying that I'm a highly obsessive person. And my roommates dared me to *not* get hooked to the Board.

End of story. :)
Pleasure to meet you naazju.

I am myself a person, newly joined in this board as well. Thought by some to be the repressed or hidden emotions of someone else. And now I feel shackled to that image. Let's hope you fare better.

Also, beware, exposing faults and being cynical means you are someone else in disguise. I wish you well.
Don't worry D'artagnan I believe that you are a new person and not someone's alter ego.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Tao wrote: Whoa, we have an Anti-Nanti? That's entertaining, in an odd way.
Woah. Anti Nanti... Would that mean that the anti is the inverse of my nanti, causing them to cancel out and be a n-sarrmm or just sarrmm?

That is odd. And maybe slightly existential...
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Naazju

Post by Naazju »

xkcd *** wrote:
Nanti-SARRMM wrote:

Just google Naazju. You'll get your answer.

BTW, I like the Harry Potter cake. :)
Good detective work. My roommate thanks you for your compliment; she baked the cake for my birthday earlier this year. And for those of you who haven't searched my 'nym, soy chola.
D'artagnan

Post by D'artagnan »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
Tao wrote: Whoa, we have an Anti-Nanti? That's entertaining, in an odd way.
Woah. Anti Nanti... Would that mean that the anti is the inverse of my nanti, causing them to cancel out and be a n-sarrmm or just sarrmm?

That is odd. And maybe slightly existential...
Or how about none of the above, no matter how clever it may be?
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Naazju wrote: Good detective work. My roommate thanks you for your compliment; she baked the cake for my birthday earlier this year. And for those of you who haven't searched my 'nym, soy chola.
So... how was that cake by the way?
Naazju

Post by Naazju »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
Naazju wrote: Good detective work. My roommate thanks you for your compliment; she baked the cake for my birthday earlier this year. And for those of you who haven't searched my 'nym, soy chola.
So... how was that cake by the way?
Well, I'm not exactly an eater of cakes (it was more for show) but my roommates and friends devoured him in about ten minutes time, so I'm assuming good. :)
Meh. :D
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Happy one year and one day anniversary of anyone posting in the Meet and Greet forum! (And I waited all month to do this post, but then I missed it by a day anyway.)
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Ah, Gio, you beat me. I was going to say "Well, since it's throwing everyone off so much (or maybe it was just me) I think I'll introduce myself now."

Anyway, I guess I'll introduce myself. May as well. If you're sick of me, feel free to ignore the rest of the post because I rambled on and on about myself.

I'm "C is for ____" and sometimes have a hard time thinking of appropriate sign-offs. My social skills are low. I'm a service missionary that only works a few hours a day and need something else to occupy her and the Board has been great. I'm 21.6 and my hair looks like it will be brown. I have the smallest hands of any adult I have heard of. Oh, and I'm a girl. Sometimes people are confused about that.

I met the Board ... well, my friend told me about it freshman year, but I thought it sounded kinda hokey so I never looked into it. Then, 3 years later in Winter 2009, I was a senior and sitting by another friend in Chem 482. She reads the Board every day and since the class was early and not quite stimulating enough, she would often read it during class and I would look over her shoulder. I decided to start checking it out and now I read it every day too!

I'm also a stalker. Just this week I found out that I met Uffish Thought last summer, with my freshman year friend. She was awesome. But don't worry, I'm very socially responsible.

That's me!

Charlotte.

(Other fun facts include: I have 5 tattoos.)
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Ha. I bet I can guess about the five tattoos.
mic0

Heeeeey y'all

Post by mic0 »

OK! I met the 100 Hour Board when I was a senior in high school. I think that my boyfriend at the time introduced it to me, but maybe I introduced it to him. I've been reading (and more recently writing) ever since.

I wish I had known about these forums sooner. Also, I wish I could remember my password for the account I made a month ago (mico), 'cause now I have to be all 1337.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

If you want, I can change your password so you can get back into your previous account.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:If you want, I can change your password so you can get back into your previous account.
Bob, we are so funny. I sent her a PM about this. Though I didn't mention that we can also add Board Writer to your profile name. We can do that too if you want.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Great minds, I guess. : D
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Hah, wow! Thanks you two :D
TK

How I met the Board

Post by TK »

I was introduced to the Board by P.D. Kirke before he became a writer... :)