current admins

Confused about your account? Registration problems? Post here.
orb360

Post by orb360 »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:Psh. If we did, I'd be winning most of it. So where are my winnings?
Moderators must not be eligible... :( sorry!
Everything below the line of coherence may be safely ignored.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

: P
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Moderators can get cheesecake and you can't, though.
SWKT Parachuter

Post by SWKT Parachuter »

Sad, orbsy. Guess you weren't righteous enough to go to the Lord's University.
orb360

Post by orb360 »

SWKT Parachuter wrote:Sad, orbsy. Guess you weren't righteous enough to go to the Lord's University.
I was accepted into both BYU and BYU-Idaho...

I chose Idaho because it was more spiritual...

We actually enforce OUR standards...

BYU Standards are more like guidelines.... (and some of the BYU parties I've gone to... wow...)
SWKT Parachuter

Post by SWKT Parachuter »

Suuuurrrre...sinner.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

orb360 wrote: I chose Idaho because it was more spiritual...

So you're saying you attended while it was still Ricks?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

orb360 wrote:
SWKT Parachuter wrote:Sad, orbsy. Guess you weren't righteous enough to go to the Lord's University.

BYU Standards are more like guidelines.... (and some of the BYU parties I've gone to... wow...)
The spirituality of a campus is all personal. You choose whether or not you have a more spiritual time by making small but consistent decisions.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

xkcd *** wrote:
orb360 wrote:

The spirituality of a campus is all personal. You choose whether or not you have a more spiritual time by making small but consistent decisions.

Word, dawg!
orb360

Post by orb360 »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
orb360 wrote: I chose Idaho because it was more spiritual...

So you're saying you attended while it was still Ricks?
I started while it was Ricks and finished after it was BYU-I... I even have a Ricks T-Shirt... but it's really old... O_o

SWKT, I'm sure you repent just as much as anyone else. :P

Also, I've been to both schools and seen the environment at each. BYU-Idaho is a lot tamer than BYU. And that does make it easier to be spiritual there. To take things to the extreme to illustrate the point... It's a lot easier to be spiritual in Provo then it is to be spiritual in the Bronx.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

orb360 wrote: SWKT, I'm sure you repent just as much as anyone else. :P
Actually, you digress, SWKT is near perfect and doesn't need to repent as much as us.
Also, I've been to both schools and seen the environment at each. BYU-Idaho is a lot tamer than BYU. And that does make it easier to be spiritual there. To take things to the extreme to illustrate the point... It's a lot easier to be spiritual in Provo then it is to be spiritual in the Bronx.
I think it is all the snow which makes it tamer. Plus the climb uphill to the math building when it is windy just kills all excitement.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
orb360

Post by orb360 »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
orb360 wrote: SWKT, I'm sure you repent just as much as anyone else. :P
Actually, you digress, SWKT is near perfect and doesn't need to repent as much as us.
I think it is all the snow which makes it tamer. Plus the climb uphill to the math building when it is windy just kills all excitement.
Oh, sorry then SWKT... I didn't know :(

But yes... Going from the stadium to the Gordon B Hinckley building does suck. But I only had to do that T Th... At BYU you have to climb those ~200 stairs every day no matter where you're going on campus.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

orb360 wrote: But yes... Going from the stadium to the Gordon B Hinckley building does suck. But I only had to do that T Th... At BYU you have to climb those ~200 stairs every day no matter where you're going on campus.
Harrowing winter winds each day of winter, or being slightly winded by a lot of stairs? Are you blaming the 200 stairs for the perceived lack of spiritualism at BYU?
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:? Are you blaming the 200 stairs for the perceived lack of spiritualism at BYU?
I don't know about him, but I am!
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
orb360

Post by orb360 »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
orb360 wrote: But yes... Going from the stadium to the Gordon B Hinckley building does suck. But I only had to do that T Th... At BYU you have to climb those ~200 stairs every day no matter where you're going on campus.
Harrowing winter winds each day of winter, or being slightly winded by a lot of stairs? Are you blaming the 200 stairs for the perceived lack of spiritualism at BYU?
I think it is also important to point out that BYU-Idaho has no 100-hour board equivalent...

This could be an important factor...
xkcd ***

Post by xkcd *** »

orb360 wrote: I think it is also important to point out that BYU-Idaho has no 100-hour board equivalent...

Now you're blaming lack of spirituality on the Board?
sqrt(-1)

Post by sqrt(-1) »

xkcd *** wrote:
orb360 wrote: I think it is also important to point out that BYU-Idaho has no 100-hour board equivalent...

Now you're blaming lack of spirituality on the Board?
Lol! You guys are so silly! I love it! Cuties! But you know, the 100 hr board can function at BYU-I too!!!1 And they'll even let BYU-I kids become writers!!! Isn't that so cool? :lol:
woe me
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

You're just jealous that BYU-I has no tunnel worms.
And they'll even let BYU-I kids become writers!!! Isn't that so cool
Has that actually happened?
orb360

Post by orb360 »

Yes... I am blaming the lack of spirituality at BYU on the 100 hour board...

Seriously... If you can't see the connection there you're not 20/20
xkcd ***

Post by xkcd *** »

orb360 wrote:Yes... I am blaming the lack of spirituality at BYU on the 100 hour board...

Seriously... If you can't see the connection there you're not 20/20
I would love to hear your reasoning.