DATING MAKES PEOPLE CRAZY! AND YELL AT THEIR MONITORS!!!

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Which was the best answer to "Just trying to DATE-"?

If you'd like to set something up . . . let me know. ~Krishna
No votes
You act like dating is a sport and now you're mad because you're not winning. - Lavish
No votes
Dude, chill. . . . So—relax, and try again. --Laser Jock
11%
Congratulations. You've just made yourself look like a total idiot. - Yellow
26%
Don't lash out at us. . . . Good luck and I wish you the best in finding a date. ~ Dragon Lady
5%
Albert Einstein defined insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." ~ Hobbes
16%
Your "question" makes you look desperate, unwilling to admit responsibility, awkward, rude and creepy. . . . Bathe regularly. - A Slap to Quell the Hysteria
42%
Methinks the gentleman doth yell too much. -Queen Gertrude.
No votes

Total votes: 19

Portia

DATING MAKES PEOPLE CRAZY! AND YELL AT THEIR MONITORS!!!

Post by Portia »

RE: http://theboard.byu.edu/index.php?area=viewall&id=37901

Yellow may ban comments on the Board, but he can't stop me from creating a poll. Give me insane relationship questions or give me death!

Note that I am entirely ignoring the question*-asker, but rather, asking you to vote on the wittiest, funniest, or most helpful of the writers' responses. Prizes may be involved.

Incidentally, I think "A Slap" is Uffish and that Queen Gertrude is Whistler or K&G.

*In the loosest sense of the word.
A Mom, but not yours

Post by A Mom, but not yours »

That's not fair! I want to vote for about six of those answers.....

(Probably the most entertaining question I've read in a long time, but I can see the need to ban comments.)
Twister of Fate

Post by Twister of Fate »

I agree with A Mom. Any question written like that is just begging to spark controversy and be made fun of for the next 32 1/2 minutes.
Yellow

Post by Yellow »

Not only can I not ban you from creating a poll, I actually highly encourage it.

Yay for readers who make forums!
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

I agree with Mom! The whole thing was friggin hilarious. That guy must have been seriously ticked off. But hey, if not for the psychos who YELL before they think, the Board would just be that much more boring!
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

i wrote that question.....
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Then you're a fool. Or trying to stir something up, which you did. Because I'm pretty sure that when you ask them, girls tend to be happy to go out with you.
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

ok fine i didnt... that was a 2 am joke attempt.. sigh
Eponine

Post by Eponine »

Ok, so I attend a failing single's branch when I'm home for the summer, and I was reading a book that someone brought to something cause it was just lying around. It was called "The Rules" and it made me laugh. It's about how to get a man, right? One of the tips is to never call a guy and try really hard to not return his calls. You, aparently, want him to be chasing you, and you don't want him to know that you like him. I don't wonder any longer why no one dates in this branch. :P
Yours Truly,
Eponine

"And did you know, Monsieur Marius, I do believe I was a little in love with you..."
mabel

the rules

Post by mabel »

dude! i totally read that book for my "writing in the social sciences" class at byu. i'd never heard of it, but it was on a list of books that we could read to write reviews, and i pretty much trashed the whole thing hardcore. then last year there was this guy in my ward who actually owned his own copy of it so that he could like use it on girls and stuff... or use it against them? ...or something?...he brought it to our apartment for my sister to read b/c he thought , yeah... anyway, she was really mad and took it back to him without reading it... and now she's married and i don't even know that he has a girlfriend...haha! that book may work sometimes, but it still pisses me off. it's just the rules for playing the game, but playing games is so jr. high. grow up. be honest with people. you might not date a lot, but when you do it'll be a lot less complicated. not that i've ever managed to have anything uncomplicated, but i'd like to.
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

Har, har. Uncomplicated dating . . . is a myth. Unless you want to do what Mischievious is tempted to do sometimes and go in for an arranged marriage. I would be very glad to be proven wrong, if anyone can do it . . . here's your chance to tell a story about uncomplicated dating.
mabel

Post by mabel »

well, wisteria, you're right... but, in my defense, i did say less complicated... i suppose statements like that, in order to be accurate, ought to be qualified in terms of types or degrees of complication... but, let's face it, that might not be possible... that's what makes them complicated, right? haha!
krebscout

uncomplicated dating

Post by krebscout »

I'd like to say that I've had two uncomplicated dating experiences. My first boyfriend was in high school and we liked each other, smooched, and broke up: pretty straight-forward.

My second and current boyfriend (there was a mission and another boy or two in between) was pretty straight-forward as well. We became best friends, liked each other, and still do. The only complicated part was when I tried dating while he was on the mission.

I'm also lucky to be able to say that all of my breakups have been really nice.

It depends on how you deal with it, really.
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

Yay! Thanks for proving me wrong, Krebscout. I feel the world is a slightly happier place now. :) I'm not being sarcastic, either. And Mabel, I was looking at the last bit of your post where you said "not that I've ever managed to have anything uncomplicated, but I'd like to" as my reference for stating that uncomplicated dating is a myth. I think the reason I've never had an uncomplicated dating experience is that I've never had a mutual breakup. It makes it a lot harder when one person still wants to keep going and the other doesn't.
mabel

Post by mabel »

wisteria, i like that i know you in real life because...well, just cuz this seems more fun that way...haha. anyway...

i've never had a mutual breakup either. in fact, i've never had anything mutual enough to make it anything to break up. so when i say dating is complicated i don't just mean relationships are complicated, i mean just the whole concept is complicated. i'm sure it isn't that way for everybody, but it is for me. wisteria is probably vaguely familiar with my sister, who lived with me until recently when she got married. she met her husband on a blind date. they hit it off right from the start. some people have all the luck...
Portia

complications

Post by Portia »

Hmmm . . .anyone else agree with me that while having an S.O. is great and all, that it is not necessarily less complicated, and even perhaps more so?

Maybe I just don't have that innate need for a boyfriend shared by so many 'round here, yet they seem to keep popping up. Or, that I am the type of person towards whom people are indifferent or really like, so I have gone on precious few typical "dates."