Answers I liked

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Digit

Re: Answers I liked

Post by Digit »

http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/86113/
I bet if someone drank a whole canteen of Mountain Dew they'd decant in short order.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
NovemberEast

Post by NovemberEast »

This was over the weekend, but I loved hearing all these:
http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/86148/

I had my share of "dating" failures as well.

While at summer camp, I maybe sent postcards to this guy I had a crush on. I'm pretty sure we spoke hardly at all before I did this, and never again after. I don't blame him and if I ever saw him at a HS reunion I would still be embarrassed. Other girls were doing it too, but that doesn't make it any less dumb. Our school district was on the smaller side and published a phone/address directory every year, so that's where we got the info. I still don't know why someone would bring the directory to camp though.

Yep. Peer pressure and hormones. A great combination for future discomfort.
Portia

Post by Portia »

What I think of whenever I think of 'nice' guys

Oh yeahhhhhhhh hitting up Sodalicious in my aviators, being all

C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Impressed by all of the serious answers to this question that I still think (despite all the earnestness of response) was written by a troll
Portia

Post by Portia »

http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/86283/

Oh my goodness, this is the Mormon twist on the exact plot set-up of my current favorite TV show, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

I think she should watch that show to start to get some insight on why she's hung up on this dude who's taken.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Modesty guy has asked a lot of related questions that unfortunately lead me to believe he's sincere :/
NovemberEast

Post by NovemberEast »

I was waiting for an answer to rip him. But you guys were nice. I can't help but wildly speculate as to what brought his ideas on.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Can Candid Non-Canadian just please stop with the passive-aggressive attacks on my country's culture or maybe just leave if he/she finds Canada so weird and distasteful all the time? And good grief, hemp is not illegal in the US. You can grow it with a permit in a lot of states and import it for use in textiles and food. It's not psychoactive. That's like saying you shouldn't eat button mushrooms because there are also mushrooms you can get high on.
Portia

Post by Portia »

NerdGirl wrote:That's like saying you shouldn't eat button mushrooms because there are also mushrooms you can get high on.
Avoid the appearance of evil!!
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

As far as BQ 86307 goes about organizational behavior, I had the opportunity to take a business class titled organizational behavior for part of my emphasis, and let me just say that it was a waste of 3 credits and my time.
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

NerdGirl wrote:Can Candid Non-Canadian just please stop with the passive-aggressive attacks on my country's culture or maybe just leave if he/she finds Canada so weird and distasteful all the time? And good grief, hemp is not illegal in the US. You can grow it with a permit in a lot of states and import it for use in textiles and food. It's not psychoactive. That's like saying you shouldn't eat button mushrooms because there are also mushrooms you can get high on.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight???

I wanted to write an angry answer about how judging all Canadians by Vancouver hippies is like judging all Americans by Seattle hippies, but I was on vacation and didn't feel like getting out my computer.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Zedability wrote:
NerdGirl wrote:Can Candid Non-Canadian just please stop with the passive-aggressive attacks on my country's culture or maybe just leave if he/she finds Canada so weird and distasteful all the time? And good grief, hemp is not illegal in the US. You can grow it with a permit in a lot of states and import it for use in textiles and food. It's not psychoactive. That's like saying you shouldn't eat button mushrooms because there are also mushrooms you can get high on.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight???

I wanted to write an angry answer about how judging all Canadians by Vancouver hippies is like judging all Americans by Seattle hippies, but I was on vacation and didn't feel like getting out my computer.
Also, why would you complain about Vancouver hippie-dom? Bike trails, cherry trees, good education, STABLE BANKING SYSTEM - a lot us Yanks could learn.
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

BQ 86391 about garment length

I think all the answers are accurate. I would also like to add that I am 6'0" and wear the tall Carinessa garments and they hit about 3-4" above my kneecap. So it would be entirely appropriate for someone 5'4" to get the petite garments.
Portia

Post by Portia »

A Writer is more forgiving of me, because an adult man that pervs on a teen girl about graphic details of consensual sexual exploration, repeatedly, is the opposite of a "good person" in my book. It's predatory and wrong.

If I had a daughter I'd be much, much more "hurt" by this kind of treatment of my kid (EVEN if I thought that she was too young, had made a dumb decision, or put herself at risk or broken house rules) than the initial fooling around.

Grrrrrrrrrrr
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Shrinky Dink wrote:BQ 86391 about garment length

I think all the answers are accurate. I would also like to add that I am 6'0" and wear the tall Carinessa garments and they hit about 3-4" above my kneecap. So it would be entirely appropriate for someone 5'4" to get the petite garments.
I'm 5'4" and even the petite garment bottoms come down below my knees. So yeah, if you're 5'4", the petite ones definitely aren't going to be way short.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Foreman wrote:If someone can look at themselves 5 or 10 years ago and not find anything to be embarrassed about, I question their level of maturity and progression.
+1
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

This question on manscaping was entertaining. My husband has a Gaston level of chest, back, arm, and leg hair to the point where I submitted this post. In response to the manscaping, I honestly don't like it when my husband does it. Due to some of the recent surgeries, they've had to shave one side of him basically from armpit to hip. The hard part is that his hair is so coarse, that it is prickly when it grows back and is only now starting to be soft again when it has been nearly two months since the most recent surgery. So, even though it is his body, I've expressed to him that he doesn't really get to make the choice
Violet

Post by Violet »

I don't know if it's an answer I liked or a question I liked more, but the hidden photo finding one was fun. It was one of my two first immediate impressions. Apparently I know (and remember) weird campus hiding spaces better than most.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Loved the answers on the sister that has a great life and her brother is guilt tripping her. My brother is one of my closest confidants but he doesn't feel obligated to spend every waking moment with me. I would probably hang out all the time if it were up to me but recognize that he has his own life. B-)
Digit

Post by Digit »

http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/87316/
I wonder if it's any easier to start with a solved cube and go through the motions of trying to get to each possible configuration within 20 moves or less.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.