BQ 82681 Disney Honeymoon

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Shrinky Dink

BQ 82681 Disney Honeymoon

Post by Shrinky Dink »

BQ 82681

I did the Disney College Program last year at Disney World, so I really want to chime in on this question.

My tips would be:
- If you want to ride a really popular ride, get the Fastpass (this is especially true for Toy Story Midway Mania, Peter Pan, Soarin', etc)
- Many rides have an interactive and air conditioned queue that shouldn't be skipped (Haunted Mansion, Ariel)
- When it starts raining, find a sheltered place to be for 10-20 minutes. Even if it means you watch the Muppets or visit the Laugh Floor twice in a row.
- Rent a car. Seriously, the bus system can take forever, but if you rent a car, you can travel much faster. Also, if you're staying on property, they'll likely give you a free parking pass anyway.
- Stay one more day than you have park tickets. You don't need a park ticket to go to Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney), to relax in the pool, or maybe you want to hop over to Universal. Plus, if someone isn't feeling well, you can take a day off from the park and you won't feel guilty about it. (This tip is more important if you have kids.)
- Don't be afraid to rent a locker. They're easy to rent, plus, if you didn't bring a car, you can put your jacket or poncho in it along with snacks, a spare battery bank for your phone, etc.
- Get a spare battery bank for your phone, when you need to charge it, leave it in your locker. Yes, Disney has charging stations throughout the park, but you don't really want to be stuck sitting there do you?
- If you're on a budget, you can pack your suitcase with oatmeal packets and get an electric kettle. Bring some plastic spoons and paper bowls and you can have a super cheap breakfast. Eating in the parks gets expensive.
- Use the photographers in the park. If you want them to, they can take a picture with your camera or phone. If not, your pictures will be available online for quite a while and you can order the really nice ones, and/or take a screen-shot of the others. This is good because you don't have to lug around a camera if you don't want to.
- If you find yourself in the rain without a jacket or poncho, ask a custodial cast member if they have a spare trash bag. (This is also good if you have a stroller and are going to leave it somewhere for a while.)
- Don't buy water, any food vendor will give you a cup of water for free, if you need to, ask where the nearest drinking fountain is. They're are usually some located near the restroom. Make sure to stay hydrated.
- If you want to see an unusual character, go to Hollywood Studios. Usually, sometime around 3-4pm each day, on Streets of America, there will be a plethora of miscellaneous characters that you can see with very little (if any) wait.
- If you are planning on eating somewhere special (think character dinner), make reservations if you can. If you can't make reservations, try stopping by early in the day and see if they have any openings. If not, more places are starting to have no-reservation lunch. Bonus is that lunch is usually cheaper.
- Try new food while you're there. There will be plenty of familiar things available, but it can be fun to have something different, especially in Epcot. One of my favorite sandwiches was in the Norway bakery and there are some fantastic treats in France.
- Some of the best food is located at the resorts. Stop by Port Orleans for beignets, get some Dole whip at the Polynesian, and more.
- Bring good shoes and socks and comfortable clothes that you can move in. You'll do a lot of walking and the rides are designed to be safe, they are not designed to be super easy to get in and out of. If you think you are getting a blister, get some moleskin to help.
- There is a restroom outside of every park. If you need to use the restroom before leaving the park, use the one outside. The ones inside the park, towards the front, get super crowded when the park is about to close.
- Even though all the rides have shut down, most stores will stay open until the park is cleared. If you want to do some shopping, this can be a good time, but please don't take forever looking around, the cast members want to go home too.
- Get a button. You can get an "I'm Celebrating" or "Just Married" button for free at any guest service location. It's fun to have cast members congratulate you.
- Enjoy the trip! Disney is the happiest place on earth, but it can also be pretty stressful. Try not to stress out too much and have fun.
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*
NovemberEast

Re: BQ 82681 Disney Honeymoon

Post by NovemberEast »

Those are great tips! Going to some of the resorts for food on a non-park day is my favorite thing for some reason. Going to WDW on a honeymoon is pretty ambitious though. I just hope they take plenty of non-park days to relax.