the players gonna play play play play play

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Portia

the players gonna play play play play play

Post by Portia »

I think it's also worth noting that those who cheat in their dating relationships are more likely to cheat in their marriages.

(And I'm not here to demonize people in either situation. Life happens. But I never was under the impression that stepping out on your s.o. was "okay" in the Mormon-verse.)

The only weird territory is the lightning-speed-quick upgrades to "exclusive." I know that I definitely FELT cheated on by a guy who, like a coward, ended our relationship by disappearing and dating someone else, but in any normal college setting, we wouldn't have considered ourselves an "item" after a fortnight. I think a lot of heartache could be avoided by following a one-month rule of thumb to commitment.
Rainbow_connection

Re: the players gonna play play play play play

Post by Rainbow_connection »

Good point! I've known people who were cheated on by SOs when they'd been together for about two weeks. I'm sure it's still painful to have someone lose interest in you when you thought things were going well, but adding a broken exclusive status makes it worse.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Seems like the counsel to be honest in dealings with your fellow man(kind) fits the bill. "Cheating" is not being honest, so then the question is just do you consider what you/someone did to be cheating?
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Can I just say how much I HATE the idea that one shouldn't develop "strong emotional attachments" outside of one's spouse? We need strong emotional attachments, and generally, more are better. I think LDS culture puts too much onto the role of a spouse, and it isn't healthy.
Deus ab veritas
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Marduk wrote:Can I just say how much I HATE the idea that one shouldn't develop "strong emotional attachments" outside of one's spouse? We need strong emotional attachments, and generally, more are better. I think LDS culture puts too much onto the role of a spouse, and it isn't healthy.
Agreed.
NovemberEast

Post by NovemberEast »

Marduk wrote:Can I just say how much I HATE the idea that one shouldn't develop "strong emotional attachments" outside of one's spouse? We need strong emotional attachments, and generally, more are better. I think LDS culture puts too much onto the role of a spouse, and it isn't healthy.
I've actually never felt like I was told to do this.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Now that I'm married it feels like I can't be friends with other married guys. But guys I met before I was married are fine for some reason.