religion/relationship poll

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Relationship status and religious breakdown

Married/long-term relationship, both active LDS
34%
Married/long-term relationship, neither active LDS
17%
Married/long-term relationship, one LDS, one not
7%
Single, active LDS, will only date other LDS
14%
Single, active LDS, will date non-LDS
14%
Single, not active LDS, will date LDS
3%
Single, not active LDS, will only date non-LDS
10%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 29

Portia

religion/relationship poll

Post by Portia »

As a follow-up to this question, I wanted to see what the breakdown of all willing board board participants is.

(No distinctions were drawn between ex-Mormon and non-Mormon, or on orientation or gender. Feel free to elaborate in the comments.)
mic0

Re: religion/relationship poll

Post by mic0 »

After the hullabaloo during Alumni Week when we couldn't say certain things about the church or religion, I was surprised that Zed's answer was approved. Maybe I'm projecting over-sensitivity where it isn't. :D

I'm curious about who answered this poll but I guess it is anonymous on purpose.
Portia

Post by Portia »

It appears we are, in general, fans of being equally yoked, but we do not yet have any respondents for the intended use case. (Mormon girls looking to marry "Gentile" men. There's a 50s style musical in there somewhere.)
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I can hear it now, "Where is my Gentile gentleman?"
Concorde

Post by Concorde »

Hah, as you know Portia, I'm single and active LDS, but definitely dating other non-Mormons right now. I'm dating Mormons, non-Mormons...anything cute and male that is still breathing, and preferably wears a uniform of some sort.

Mormon men just....don't click with me. I've now met many, many Mormon men and gone as many dates with them (long gone are the days of dateless, kiss-less Concorde, fortunately), and I've yet to meet one that I really feel that I click with. That gets me. Even my ex and I didn't really click all that well. He never understood where I was coming from. Mormon men and I just get each other so much better. If Mormon men don't step up their game sometime soon, I'm going to end up marrying outside of the church, because I refuse to live a single, celibate lifestyle just because Mormon men can't get their acts together.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Well Concorde definitely has enough stories to be the perky heroine of the musical. I don't know if her tap dance and belting skills are up to snuff, though, so she might have to put in a casting request.
Concorde

Post by Concorde »

So I can't tap dance, and I definitely can't sing at all. So this is just going to need to be a dramatic play or something. But I am on my sixth date in five days, so....
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

Although I voted my current relationship status (married, both active lds), five of the eight categories are applicable to various times in my life:

married, both active lds
married, neither active lds
single, active lds, will only date other lds
single, active lds, will date non-lds
single, not active lds, will date lds
mic0

Post by mic0 »

That's interesting, S.A.M!