Temple prep

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Temple prep

Post by NerdGirl »

So when I was in the temple prep class, our instructors did a session on logistical stuff that was super helpful. It included the following things:

-A basic outline of what you do in the several hours that you are there for the first time, for the purpose of telling us which points would be good for a bathroom/water break.
-The fact that you will put on ceremonial clothing and not to worry because there are people who can help you figure out how to do it.
-The fact that you will have to repeat certain parts at a later time and not to freak out when that happens because very few people remember what to say even after years of going and there's someone there to prompt you.

https://theboard.byu.edu/questions/83745/
Shrinky Dink

Re: Temple prep

Post by Shrinky Dink »

That last one though!! As soon as I knew what was going on all I could think was, "I'm seriously being tested on this?!?!" It also didn't help that my family and all my in-laws went had to go before me, so I was basically the last one in a very large session and I had forgotten pretty much everything.

Some things I would recommend to anyone going to the temple soon:
-Since I was the last one through and my family was hungry and ready to go, I didn't get to enjoy the Celestial room near as long as I wanted to. If it's your first time, take as long as you want or make a goal to go to the temple again very soon (within 2 weeks if possible. If you're not close to a temple and you won't be able to return, take as long as you want.)
-I went through the Salt Lake Temple and the live session was pretty confusing. If you do go through a live session, try a temple that uses temple film a few times after, the film is quite a bit easier to understand.
-After being endowed, later that night, I had a long talk with my mom about the feelings I had and how we both felt it was really strange the first time. It was really helpful to talk about it in a safe environment without feeling judged and knowing that I wasn't alone.

Other than that, I think your suggestions are pretty good as well as the suggestions in the original post.
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*