commitment, planning, and being a friend

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Whistler

commitment, planning, and being a friend

Post by Whistler »

http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/84518/

I can sympathize a little with the question-asker, because I'm the sort of person who often plans things far ahead and wants to just do whatever I planned on. But I'm confused about why it was such a problem that two of her friends didn't come... unless it was a party where she really needed them to come (like a murder mystery or a party for playing a game that requires exactly 8 people or something).

My husband at times feels completely opposite from me. Often when he plans a social occasion it's really last-minute. He'll make changes to a recipe halfway through a meal too, while I like to follow the recipe as closely as possible. But I think it's been good for me to learn how to stress out less when things don't go the way I planned. I still wig out when something doesn't go according to plan though :?
Portia

Re: commitment, planning, and being a friend

Post by Portia »

I think the major faux pas was their telling a third party about their non-attendance but not bothering to inform the hostess.