concerts

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

yayfulness
Board Writer

concerts

Post by yayfulness »

Le question.

1. I've been to three big-name concerts in my life: Chicago, the Goo Goo Dolls (with Daughtry and the Plain White Tees but they weren't the point), and Journey. Loved all three of them. My wife and I have tickets to see Journey again in August along with the Doobie Brothers; we're assuming that show will be a bit longer than the one-hour set they performed at Stadium of Fire.

I've also seen Joshua James headline two concerts and perform with other artists at two others. At the Rooftop Rolling Stones tribute, he sang Sympathy for the Devil, and I would give just about anything to hear (and see!) that again.

2. I've got two separate lists here. First is "artists I want to see when I get the chance because they're awesome" and second is "artists I desperately want to see while they still exist." At the top of the first list are Muse, Matchbox Twenty, and the Killers. My wife saw Muse right around the time we started dating, and apparently they put on an incredible show. I've also heard amazing things about U2's live performances, and they put out one of the best albums of all time in The Joshua Tree, so they've got to go on the list too. As for the second list... The Eagles are an absolute must. I will probably forever regret not seeing Rush when they came to Salt Lake a couple months ago. I didn't find out until after the concert that it would probably be their last major tour. Paul McCartney may not have had the best solo career (in my opinion), but I'd love to see him just to say I've seen a former Beatle. (I hear Ringo never tours; if he did, he'd be on this list in a heartbeat.) I've heard Elton John's voice is starting to really show its age, which is a shame because I'd love to hear him perform. My wife would probably never forgive me if I passed up a chance for us to see Aerosmith. And I suppose Styx and Toto would round out the list.

3. The Beatles, united. Led Zeppelin, who could totally get back together with John Bonham's son taking his place on the drums BUT THEY WON'T AND I AM NOT HAPPY. The Who, who are still technically together, but half of the original members have died and so has Roger Daltry's voice. Pink Floyd. Queen. Jim Croce (HE DIED TOO SOON). The Clash. And Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, mostly for my wife.