BQ 85849 Windows 10

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Shrinky Dink

BQ 85849 Windows 10

Post by Shrinky Dink »

BQ 85849

I'm a little miffed with Spectre's answer. While 10 is newer and likely has fewer security holes than 7, it can still have big issues. If someone has expensive programs that they use frequently, like for work or school, some of them might not be compatible with 10 yet. This happened to my dad. He updated to 10, but then realized that he couldn't access any of his work stuff from home so he downgraded back to 7. Luckily he's very tech savvy and prepared, so he didn't lose anything and was able to switch back pretty easily, but 10 still can have issues.
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*
yayfulness
Board Writer

Re: BQ 85849 Windows 10

Post by yayfulness »

Also, as the comment mentions, not all computers are Windows 10 compatible. I got a message from HP (a couple months after Windows 10 was released... thanks, I guess) saying that I shouldn't get it on my laptop. Thankfully I'd seen how slow it made my wife's computer (also an older HP laptop) and didn't install it.
Digit

Re: BQ 85849 Windows 10

Post by Digit »

When my computer first went from 7 to 10, my HP printer wasn't even seen by the system anymore; I had to go find and reinstall the drivers (since I had lost the CD that came with it). Later a Windows update happened and once again the system lost the drivers and I had to reinstall again myself.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.