Guess Who Strategy BQ 87282

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Shrinky Dink

Guess Who Strategy BQ 87282

Post by Shrinky Dink »

I think I've found the ultimate Guess Who strategy and have submitted a correction. In case it doesn't get approved, I thought I'd post it here. Feel free to go through my logic and see if there was anything that I may have missed. I spend an hour and a half on this using a picture from google images and excel since I don't have an actual copy of the game to play with someone so if you do have a copy to play, please try this and let me know how it works.

Correction:

If you're interested in the ultimate Guess Who strategy, I recommend you watch this video and possibly sorting based on the strategy in it. Since almost all of the traits are shared by 5 characters, it's hard. Hair color is the most polarizing trait here. There are 5 bald/balding people, 5 blondes, 4 brunettes, 5 redheads, 5 people with white hair, and 5 people with black hair. With other traits like female, glasses, rosy cheeks, hats etc, there are 5 people with each of those and 19 people without.

I would end up sorting the board so that half of the characters in any given space share a trait (or combination of traits) if possible. 12 people are wearing a hat or glasses or are bald so I'm going to put these people on the left side of the board. By combining questions, I can effectively always eliminate half of the remaining people.

Here is a combination of questions that I've found that I'm pretty sure can work, but I'm sure there are dozens of question combinations that would work just as well.

Q1: Are they wearing a hat, glasses, or are bald? If yes, go to Q2Y, if no, go to Q2N

Q2Y: Are they blonde, brunette, or have white hair? If yes, go to Q3YY, if no, go to Q3YN
Q2N: Do they have black hair or are female? If yes, go to Q3NY, if no, go to Q3NN

Q3YY: Are they distinctively frowning or blonde?
Q3YN: Do they have a beard or are female?
Q3NY: Are they female?
Q3YN: Are they blonde or brunette?

After getting through the first three questions, you should have now narrowed it down to three people. Because 8 is easily divisible, I've organized the groups by column. When you get down to the last 3 people, you can easily go off script and find who it is.

Here is everyone in each column:
1: Eric, Joe, George
2: Maria, Bernard, Paul
3: Claire, Bill, Richard
4: Sam, Tom, Herman
5: Anita, Susan, Anne
6: Alex, Max, Phillip
7: Charles, David, Robert
8: Alfred, Frans, Peter

If I did it correctly, with each question, you should be able to eliminate the left or right half of the remaining pool of people until there is just one column left. If I did it incorrectly, then you'll have to start from scratch.

Enjoy!
-Shrinky Dink
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*