#87485 - childfree pandemic

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Portia

#87485 - childfree pandemic

Post by Portia »

This has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

The end.
Portia

Re: #87485 - childfree pandemic

Post by Portia »

Followed as it is by the Ted Bundy Mormon Husband idea (yikes!?!), perhaps this would be a sort of dystopia.
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

Portia wrote:This has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.
Yeah, that's the first thing I thought too when I read that quote. It's patently absurd on its face, and even defending it by ascribing it to secular/wealthier societies bearing fewer children is a huge stretch. There's a difference between western society's total fertility rate equalizing at 2.0 children, and only Latter-day Saint women being willing to have children. LDS culture already doesn't do itself any favors by popular claims that only our church feels the "real" spirit and those feelings only testify of "our" truths. Let's not begin to claim for ourselves procreation itself.
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Cognoscente wrote:Let's not begin to claim for ourselves procreation itself.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But only church-sanctioned, never-even-talked-about-until-marriage, safely vanilla procreation. Nothing "unnatural," and no delaying it for "worldly things."
Portia

Post by Portia »

Also the fertility of non-white, non-United States and Canada women doesn't count shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

I also find it annoying that whenever something mentions righteous people in the last days, it is assumed that LDS people are going to be the only righteous ones. It kind of perpetuates a holier-than-thou attitude and is completely false. Contrary to what some people may believe, you can be a good person without believing in God and you can be a bad person who believes in God.
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*