gay/straight male friendship

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Portia

gay/straight male friendship

Post by Portia »

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/07/fa ... dship.html

Seemed relevant.
Some of the same issues come up, including the concern about coming across as making unwelcome advances. Unsure how the unique dynamics for Provobians change things, such as the NSA hookups o talk of brewskis.
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Re: gay/straight male friendship

Post by TheBlackSheep »

While I'm glad that kind of relationship is being normalized between men and that men apparently don't have to be quite as insane about protecting the possible perceptions of their masculinity, I'm very bored of giving head pats for decent human behavior. I am all kinds of grouchy right now, and I'm letting myself be cause it's good for my personal development apparently, but it's annoying and discouraging that this question is still being asked on the Board in any iteration or that that kind of relationship between men is apparently rare enough that it gets that kind of a write-up. Just stop being jerks to each other, everyone.

Other things I am very bored of people wanting praise for: anything attached to the phrase "going through it has given me so much more empathy for others going through it."