#89177 - hypothetically change one part of one's appearance

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Portia

#89177 - hypothetically change one part of one's appearance

Post by Portia »

Thought this question was interesting, and I liked the answers, with their wide variety of emotional attitudes.

My answer when a teen would have probably been to not be flat-chested: so there is a God, I guess. B-) lol

I have a genetic predisposition to exceptionally sensitive skin -- including painful-looking arthritis as one ages, flaky inflamed skin under one's eyes and eczema-like bumps on one's arms, dryness in our climate -- and I think that a magic wand to fix that would lead to an improved quality of life without any drastic effect on appearance or vanity.
coastal goddess liberal
Arcaiden

Re: #89177 - hypothetically change one part of one's appeara

Post by Arcaiden »

Well I had braces for 10 years...so there's that :shock:

Do you wear glasses by any chance Portia? Over the past few years i developed a skin allergy that mostly manifested in extremely sensitive and puffy skin under my eyes. Wearing my glasses for about 45 minutes once a day was enough to cause the issue for me. Once I eliminated all of the metal from my glasses, my skin problems around my eyes went away.

Also, if you have eczema, especially bumps on your arms, you should be tested for celiac disease, it's not always a symptom, but it can be.
Portia

Re: #89177 - hypothetically change one part of one's appeara

Post by Portia »

Arcaiden wrote:Well I had braces for 10 years...so there's that :shock:

Do you wear glasses by any chance Portia? Over the past few years i developed a skin allergy that mostly manifested in extremely sensitive and puffy skin under my eyes. Wearing my glasses for about 45 minutes once a day was enough to cause the issue for me. Once I eliminated all of the metal from my glasses, my skin problems around my eyes went away.

Also, if you have eczema, especially bumps on your arms, you should be tested for celiac disease, it's not always a symptom, but it can be.
Literally just returned my Warby Parker try-ons today. They're all acetate and I think the fact that I DO need corrective lenses outweighs any potential problems.

Hmmm I love carbs more than anyone I know I don't think I want to go down that rabbit hole at this time. :P But thanks!