horcruxes

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

C is for
um Administrator

horcruxes

Post by C is for »

This question and answers helped me really solidify something I was slightly unsettled about re: Harry being a Horcrux. The answer is, he isn't one! And if Voldemort had survived the backlash of the Killing Curse rebounding into him, Harry probably would never have had a little sliver of Tom stuck to him. (Since soul pieces, if they aren't captured by whatever horrific process Horcrux making requires, fly back to the nearest living person -- which would usually be ole Tom, he's usually still alive after he kills someone. Man, the guy must fracture and splinter his soul all the time and never notice because all his soul pieces fly right back inside him.)

I also loved Ento's idea of cutting a piece of glass; you don't know exactly how the cut will be made, probably not exactly half though. That makes more sense to me than a strict division in half. And Luciana's point that there obviously becomes a time where Horcruxes aren't worth it because of the chance a soul piece would fly into someone else (though I still think Tom R. would be the closest living person since he's holding the wand -- there's a chance!) and that could be problematic.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Re: horcruxes

Post by Emiliana »

Ditto on loving Ento's analogy!