Differing opinions about body types

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Differing opinions about body types

Post by Emiliana »

https://100hourboard.org/questions/90795/

I typically agree with what Luciana says, but in this case I think she's off-base -- disguising a discussion about physical attractiveness as a discussion about health is something that happens a lot in our culture and I think it's icky. The topic does merit discussion, but I agree with Alta - call a spade a spade and talk about your actual concerns.
vorpal blade

Re: Differing opinions about body types

Post by vorpal blade »

I completely agree with you, Emiliana.

I wonder if “the biggest loser” misunderstood what the guy was really saying. It seems to me that his concern was not so much with his body, but with hers. He may feel that he is an unhealthy underweight or skinny, but guys don’t say they want themselves to be “rounder.” They may want to be more muscular, or look less like the 100 pound weakling. They don’t want to go from a healthy weight to an unhealthy overweight. No guy finds that attractive in himself.

He many just be trying to tell her that he would prefer it if she were a bit more rounder. She might not realize that others don’t see her as trim, but anorexic.

Either way a little more communication would go a long way.