POLL: lameness

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

which is the lamest?

writer "teams"
19%
bar graphs
31%
fake writers
31%
hobbes
19%

Total votes: 16

bismark
Old Man

POLL: lameness

Post by bismark »

go.
Yellow

Post by Yellow »

Define "fake writers", please.
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

100 monkeys, cats, etc
Yellow

Post by Yellow »

Secondary nyms? What if I told you that CGNU grad was a secondary nym?
Yellow

Post by Yellow »

Or do you mean explicitly non-human personas?
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

I can see that Yellow is putting a lot of thought into this. It makes me happy.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I choose Other.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Humble Master

Post by Humble Master »

I eagerly looked forward to seeing the bar graph change after I voted for "bar graphs."
Yellow

Post by Yellow »

I vote "Lame Polls"

;)
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

So, dear bis, what would you like in place of bar graphs? Pie charts? Spreadsheets? No polls at all?
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Yellow wrote:Secondary nyms? What if I told you that CGNU grad was a secondary nym?
Not really. More like a second primary alias, with how much he did with each.
Ramoplot

Post by Ramoplot »

Can i choose none of the above? :?
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

nope.

and by bar graphs i mean like those "teams" making these bar graphs of their results. i already made a statement about polls before (ignore the hypocrisy. thank you).
Ramoplot

Post by Ramoplot »

too bad, I already did =P
jooniper

Post by jooniper »

I voted against fake writers, though I'm fine with the fake/team writers provided they have acceptable grammar. (that's right, pre-brainwashed CATS.)
Now, having multiple aliases is fine. But I think one of the more pathetic things I've seen on the 100 hour board was a few years ago when a writer (who's identity I happened to know) went on a tirade against another alias that was, in fact, himself. To be fair, everyone was annoyed at the alias and my friend probably wanted to distance himself from it, but since I knew they were both one person, it came off pretty sad.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

I wanted to vote twice, really. It was a toss-up between writer "teams" and Hobbes.

Wait, shoot, did that say LAMEST? Dang it.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Hobbes, I love you.

Oh, so that's what you meant, bismark. Of course, I should have remembered that other thing. Dang. Now I really don't have anything to vote for.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

jooniper wrote:But I think one of the more pathetic things I've seen on the 100 hour board was a few years ago when a writer (who's identity I happened to know) went on a tirade against another alias that was, in fact, himself. To be fair, everyone was annoyed at the alias and my friend probably wanted to distance himself from it, but since I knew they were both one person, it came off pretty sad.
Wait, wait, who are you? And who was this? Are we talking Drama Queen here?
jooniper

Post by jooniper »

Uffish, I'm a big fan of yours though I don't think you know me. Apparently you were roommates with a friend of mine, though (Amy M), so that's cool. I think the only current board writer I've met was Katya, and that was through Melyngoch, and I don't think either of them would remember me these days anyways. Petra was a good friend, though, as was Bertie Wooster. It's a shame that now that I have time to look into applying to be a writer, I'm neither a student nor in Provo.
Anywho... It wasn't drama queen. I don't want to say who it was too specifically in case he is still around, but it had to do with a curly haired RM who like to speak in pirate talk. Or was it irish talk? It was something like that. Probably around 2005.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Ah, right. Him. He's after Drama Queen.

I didn't know Bertie too well, (sad, because Wodehouse is my favorite author ever,) but I exchange a couple words with Petra every now and again, which is fun. And yeah, Amy was one of my roommates. Sweet.

So, thanks for being a fan. And, uh, for knowing a lot of the people I know?