POLL: lameness

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

which is the lamest?

writer "teams"
19%
bar graphs
31%
fake writers
31%
hobbes
19%

Total votes: 16

Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

jooniper wrote:Uffish, I'm a big fan of yours though I don't think you know me. Apparently you were roommates with a friend of mine, though (Amy M), so that's cool. I think the only current board writer I've met was Katya, and that was through Melyngoch, and I don't think either of them would remember me these days anyways. Petra was a good friend, though, as was Bertie Wooster. It's a shame that now that I have time to look into applying to be a writer, I'm neither a student nor in Provo.
Anywho... It wasn't drama queen. I don't want to say who it was too specifically in case he is still around, but it had to do with a curly haired RM who like to speak in pirate talk. Or was it irish talk? It was something like that. Probably around 2005.
Wait--when did we meet? And how did you know Melyngoch? Was it through syntax?
Portia

Post by Portia »

A certain curly-haired former Board Writer who pops up at the most inconvenient times did the other day. Sigh.

I can totally imagine him doing that.
jooniper

Post by jooniper »

Wow, the reader gets to be the anonymous mystery this time. Yeah, I knew melyngoch through syntax, then figured out she was a writer in http://theboard.byu.edu/index.php?area=viewall&id=16645. I still read her blog all the time, so thanks, Katya, for keeping that up. In truth, Katya, I'm pretty sure I only met you in passing once, so don't go worrying about whether or not you know me, because you probably don't. It would have been in like 2005. I think I remember just enough to have a face to put to the name, either that or I never met you and imagined it. Like Portia. No idea what she looks like, so in my head she looks just like a high school friend named Heather. But only my favorite board writers get imaginary faces, so you should feel complimented.
And Portia, if that curly-haired former writer keeps pestering you, I have some great blackmail stories.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

UffishThought wrote:
Yellow wrote:Secondary nyms? What if I told you that CGNU grad was a secondary nym?
Not really. More like a second primary alias, with how much he did with each.
And how!
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Portia wrote:A certain curly-haired former Board Writer who pops up at the most inconvenient times did the other day. Sigh.

I can totally imagine him doing that.
He's in one of my classes now, and he keeps popping up when I'm at work. I don't mind him, really, but it's weird to have to interact with him as if we know each other, even though we really don't.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

jooniper wrote:Wow, the reader gets to be the anonymous mystery this time. Yeah, I knew melyngoch through syntax, then figured out she was a writer in http://theboard.byu.edu/index.php?area=viewall&id=16645. I still read her blog all the time, so thanks, Katya, for keeping that up. In truth, Katya, I'm pretty sure I only met you in passing once, so don't go worrying about whether or not you know me, because you probably don't. It would have been in like 2005. I think I remember just enough to have a face to put to the name, either that or I never met you and imagined it. Like Portia. No idea what she looks like, so in my head she looks just like a high school friend named Heather. But only my favorite board writers get imaginary faces, so you should feel complimented.
And Portia, if that curly-haired former writer keeps pestering you, I have some great blackmail stories.
Hooray! Imaginary faces! Well, your 'nym wasn't ringing any bells, but at least I can place you in a certain syntax class. Also, will someone please PM me with who this curly-haired former writer is, because he must have started writing after I moved to Illinois . . .
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

well, it looks like fake writers wins out. sorry 100 monkeys, you are fired.
100 Typing Monkeys
Board Writer

Post by 100 Typing Monkeys »

bismark, we wish you to know that there are 100 tongues sticking out in your general direction. And, had bismark been an option in your lame poll we would have cast 100 votes for that option.