Grape ice cream

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

TheAnswerIs42

Grape ice cream

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

http://100hourboard.org/questions/91606/

This isn't relevant enough for a comment on the board, but a common ice cream in the Philippines is called "ube", which translates to purple. You know how grape candy doesn't taste like grape? This tasted kinda like a new version of artificial grape to me. Google claims that ube ice cream tastes like a sweet purple yam, but it doesn't taste like that either. But it was yummy. We bought avocado ice cream, mango ice cream, and ube, and the ube one was actually my favorite of the three.

But now I regret not buying the "Ube Salted Egg Con Queso" ice cream. https://www.facebook.com/selectaphilippines/posts/have-a-scoop-of-our-new-limited-edition-ube-salted-egg-con-quezo-unexpected-oo-s/1985844278126020/

Also, my husband has been making "purple cow" milkshakes for years with frozen grape concentrate in the blender with vanilla. You can make a frozen lemonade the same way with frozen lemonade concentrate.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Re: Grape ice cream

Post by Marduk »

I wonder why grape specifically makes the question? Most fruits don't have ice cream versions, at least in the U.S. They are typically made into sherbet instead.
Deus ab veritas
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

I dunno, cherry and blueberry and strawberry are both somewhat common ice cream flavors.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

That's true, berries typically have ice creams. But citruses don't, nor do bananas, mangoes, kiwis, apples, nor pears.
Deus ab veritas