BQ#91905 Crazy shopper wife

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Genuine Article
Board Writer

BQ#91905 Crazy shopper wife

Post by Genuine Article »

[url=https://100hourboard.org/questions/91905]BQ#91905[/url]
Oh man, I feel for this person. If it were me I'd un-combine our finances, divvy up the bills, and tell her we each needed to contribute X amount of money each month to save for a house, then wait and watch as all her travel expenses and throw pillows catch up to her. I'm sure there's another side to this story, but 3 mattresses? 5 area rugs? What is going on with this woman? Is it a status symbol thing? I handle the money in our relationship because I can't not know where all the money is, so living with this woman would absolutely push me to the brink.
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Re: BQ#91905 Crazy shopper wife

Post by TheBlackSheep »

They need a therapist. She needs her own, too. That's a LOT and there's some pretty serious failures to cope/accept reality happening there.

And he should probably get a therapist. I bet his wife isn't easy to say no to, that there is lots of eggshell walking for fear of big emotions. He's gotta learn how to set some successful boundaries. He's half of their dynamic.

And yeah, uncombine those finances!
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

And here I am upset that a second set of sheets has worn out since we've been living in this apartment, when we've lived here 3.5 years and I'm the only one who sleeps in my bed (usually.)
Deus ab veritas
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

And I only get new furniture when someone leaves something nice by the dumpster. :)

I could not handle being married to a person like this.