Arizona - Utah - Idaho

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

New Jersey is to New York as -blank- is to Utah

Poll ended at Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:45 am

Idaho
64%
Arizona
No votes
Colorado
No votes
Wyoming
9%
New Mexico
9%
Nevada
9%
Alberta
9%

Total votes: 11

Patata Brava

Arizona - Utah - Idaho

Post by Patata Brava »

http://theboard.byu.edu/index.php?area=viewall&id=35258

How weird is this? By the way, I have actually been in all the states that I will mention in this reply.

I lived six years in Tucson. If you look at a population density map of Arizona, you will notice the center is somewhere near Casa Grande, a town in between Phoenix and Tucson. Therefore, most of the population of Arizona is about a 16 hour drive from most of the population of Utah. Also because of the Grand Canyon, most people would choose to go through Las Vegas if they ever needed to go to Utah. [i]If [/i]they would go to Utah. Really, the state never came up in conversation unless people were asking me questions specifically about the church. Pretty much people would go to (or talk about) Vegas, LA or San Diego.

By the way, the population of Arizona is twice that of Utah, and Utah is roughly twice that of Idaho. If Arizonans are trying to emulate anyone it would be California. Plus having lived for a time in the northeast, the New Jersey to New York comparison to Idaho and Utah is much stronger than to Arizona.

Plus I think people in Arizona would be upset if they thought Utahns considered Arizona to be "Mexico".
Briar Rose

Post by Briar Rose »

New Jersey: New York::Nevada: Utah

Nevada/NJ similarities: toxic waste. embarassing people. atlantic city = grungier Las Vegas
I will slay the dragon myself, thank you very much.