CATS

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

What do you think of CATS?

CATS is freakin' awesome!
39%
CATS is okay.
19%
CATS is okay now, but it won't last.
13%
I find his grammer grating.
23%
Who is CATS? (No opinion.)
6%

Total votes: 31

Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

CATS

Post by Fredjikrang »

What do you think of CATS?

To be completely honest I have never been a big fan of the writers that use odd language or grammer, be they Brit Boy or CATS. I'm not sure why, but the novelty seems to turn into annoyance fairly quickly for me. :)

(No offence intended of course, I really like some of Brit Boy's answers, and so far CATS has been amusing.)
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

I think whoever is writing CATS is doing so to punish readers for asking dumb questions. I think it's funny.
A Mom, but not yours

Post by A Mom, but not yours »

CATS is okay, I guess, but he's a LOT better than wet blanket.
Tangerine

Post by Tangerine »

I love CATS. I love Brit Boy too, for that matter. Probably partly because I know him personally, I suppose.
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

I think that often you're right, it can get annoying, but I think CATS is hilarious. His grammar is wrong in just the right way. Not to mention the fact that he's spoofing Zero Wing.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

I agree with Laser Jock. I absolutely love some kinds of terrible grammar, and CATS has mastery of those kinds. Things like "Please to ----ing," "a" and "an" being switched, etc. It's so horrible I know it's deliberate, and it's not like CATS shows up often, which I've decided is the saving grace of my own annoying character.
Lexi Khan

Post by Lexi Khan »

I have to say, I don't think it's by chance that for the past week I've had the "We Are Siamese" song stuck in my head. CATS freaking rocks.

"We are Siamese, if you please
We are Siamese, if you don't please
We is resident of Siam
There no better cat than we am"
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

I dunno. I think I'm gonna be the party pooper and say I'm not a big fan. (For the record, Brit Boy always drove me a little batty, too.)
Huh. Call me a holdout for old-fashioned "correctness," I guess. :P

And since it was mentioned--Wet Blanket drives me crazy. It's sarcasm done all wrong: too much, too heavy, and too often. Gone is the subtlety that makes writers like Optimistic. so funny.
But, again, that's just my opinion. :roll:
Me: "Who can name one of the plays Shakespeare wrote?" Student: "James and the Giant Peach?"
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Mmm, but some of my favorites were ones much like wet blanket. Check out bittermale in the archives, and tell me what you think, or the obfuscator or even Mighty Quinn, to a lesser extent. Maybe they'd developed their styles a little more, but I've always enjoyed the ones who were characitures more than people. They're fun. Then again, I really liked the real people, too.

I think that's part of the fun. There are lots of writers, so if one doesn't quite suit you, there are others that you'll like better.

Oh, and as for funny that's kind of Optimistic-style, may I recommend Optimus Prime? Man oh man is he a good writer, and his informativeness, wit, sarcasm, friendliness, smarts and common sense remind me of the good old days. He's one of my very favorites.
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

I was actually just thinking that about Optimus Prime today. Funny...

And you're right about wet blanket. I think I've just still got some getting used to to do...wow. I don't think I've ever written "to" twice in a row like that.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

I actually love wet blanket. But I also enjoyed Jerk, Irrelevant, and other side 'nyms that were just there to throw in a mean or random joke. The bad grammar thing can get to me after a while, but I have to say I had a harder time with Brit Boy than CATS for some reason. I guess it just always took me a while to read the word and figure out what the phonetic spelling was trying to get at with the accent.
So, yeah, that's my vote!
Yellow

Post by Yellow »

I'm thoroughly a fan of CATS. Though if you're not aware of the "All your base are belong to us" phenomenon, it's admittedly not nearly as funny.
John Doe III

Post by John Doe III »

Having just joined, I have no opinion.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Yeah, wet blanket is pretty stupid. I can't believe some writer was dumb enough to create an alias whose only purpose is to be sarcastic a bitter. Puh-leaze.
Kismet Keeper

Post by Kismet Keeper »

I'm trying to figure out if you're being sarcastic Whistler.....
100 Typing Monkeys
Board Writer

Post by 100 Typing Monkeys »

We are disturbed to find that "CATS is freakin' awesome" is leading this poll. Surely this poll began before the despicable attack that took #13 from us. We are confident that the attack against our numbers has undoubtedly turned opinion against CATS in the time since this poll was initially presented.
Wally_III

Post by Wally_III »

Unfortunately for 100 Typing Monkeys I think that because of the abductment of the said #13 and the following correspondence, it makes both writers great! There is definitely enough wit there to top out the this-makes-for-a-great-Board-legacy-where-if-a-person-jumps-in-the-middle-of-it-is-thoroughly-confused-but-if-you-follow-it-from-the-beginning-it-is-priceless O'meter.