44598 -- You're . . . ON NOTICE!

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Colbert or Stewart? Please take into account their respective shows, humor-levels, looks (if you so desire), and who would win in a fist-fight or battle of the wits.

Stephen Colbert
75%
Jon Stewart
25%

Total votes: 12

Portia

44598 -- You're . . . ON NOTICE!

Post by Portia »

http://theboard.byu.edu/index.php?area=viewall&id=44598

I would like to add my voice to the chorus of the Colbert Nation. I suggest you all go right now and watch the clips of the battle with the Decemberists, naming a bridge in Hungary after him, the Time Top 100, Aqua-Colbert . . .

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_ ... ndex.jhtml

. . . yeah, I don't usually care two cents about TV, but I've been absolutely hooked on this show, especially the last little while.

And, for the record, he is one of few celebrities whom I find attractive. Take off 20 years . . . he would totally be my type.

"You can't take off Grizzly Bears. They're the number-one threat to America."
Last edited by Portia on Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jooniper

Post by jooniper »

That's funny, I was JUST catching up on his recent shows online. I do love Colbert, but the hotty award goes to Jon Stewart for me:)
Portia

Post by Portia »

Here is a side-by-side.

FIGHT!
jooniper

Post by jooniper »

Ah, earlier I was just noting hotness. The overall show? I'll give to Jon, just because he seems to have more relevant content. Wittiness? I'd still go to Jon IF it weren't for "the Word". That segment always gets me. Intelligence? Well, Steve isn't trying to convince anyone he is legitimatelly more intelligent... he's satirical. They are going for different things.

And, if I had to decide between their respective books ("America" vs. "I am America and So Can You", both of which I own), I once again give it to Jon.
In the end, Jon wins for me, but I don't think my life would be complete without either of them:)
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Jon wins for looks, but Colbert wins for making me laugh more consistently.
Also, Eliot Spitzer's in a few of the Decemberist clips--that man has always skeeved me out. shiver
So many different types of sparrows!
Portia

Post by Portia »

Ooohhh!!!! "Spitzer Mashup!" Watch now!

So wrong. So wrong.

"Look what happened in between those two events on the night of February 12 . . .

HE APPEARED ON MY SHOW! [jibblies]"

Also, 3:23 makes me laugh, but I don't want to offend anyone with the transcript. ;)
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

I now want to live in the Marvel Universe:
http://blog.indecision2008.com/tag/marvel/
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Also, actually relevant to the original Board question and not my celebrity crushes, on his April 22nd show, in "Obama Copycattery," he discusses exactly what the questioner was talking about, with Hillary and Obama going on his show. That could be some useful clarification, Reader, if you're interested.
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Portia wrote:Ooohhh!!!! "Spitzer Mashup!" Watch now!

So wrong. So wrong.
Thanks for sharing that. Yeah, it's incredibly wrong, but so worth it.
So many different types of sparrows!
Portia

Post by Portia »

(regarding the poll results)

EAT IT, Jon Stewart fans!!
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

They both have their moments, but I'm not a big fan of either.
- Benvolio