Any posts make you laugh recently?

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Humble Master

Any posts make you laugh recently?

Post by Humble Master »

I just thought this forum needed something people could talk about (it's been fairly quiet in here).
Humble Master

Post by Humble Master »

For instance, I couldn't help but smile, and even chuckle a time or two while reading Katya's intense analysis of a Presidential insult.
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

Sometimes, answers like that make me afraid of submitting my own questions. Knowing that you guys are experts on grammar kind of scares me.
Azriel

Post by Azriel »

xkcd *** wrote:Sometimes, answers like that make me afraid of submitting my own questions. Knowing that you guys are experts on grammar kind of scares me.
As a general rule, we only analyze your grammar when you ask us to. Or when you're being an idiot and need some humbling.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

xkcd *** wrote:Sometimes, answers like that make me afraid of submitting my own questions. Knowing that you guys are experts on grammar kind of scares me.
I'm a kind expert on grammar. I don't use my expertise (such as it is) to hurt people. I even wrote a blog post to that effect.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Katya wrote: I'm a kind expert on grammar. I don't use my expertise (such as it is) to hurt people. I even wrote a blog post to that effect.
Well, it is always good that you don't use your grasp of English grammar for the forces of evil, or else we'd all be doomed.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
xkcd ***

Post by xkcd *** »

I guess that makes me feel a little more confident.

As for posts that have made me laugh... Well, I liked the whole Iron Man breakdown, but that really wasn't funny, more of a "Whoa!! That's amazing he knows that much about Iron Man!". Lately, answers seem to be somewhat straight forward.

*note* - This is not a complaint. You guys are still the best thing since... ripsticks.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
Katya wrote: I'm a kind expert on grammar. I don't use my expertise (such as it is) to hurt people. I even wrote a blog post to that effect.
Well, it is always good that you don't use your grasp of English grammar for the forces of evil, or else we'd all be doomed.
I believe in using my powers for good. :D
xkcd ***

Post by xkcd *** »

I wonder if you could become an official superhero...
Portia

Post by Portia »

I laughed when OP said he likes all of his serfs.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Katya wrote:
Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
But what about the powers for awesome?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
Katya wrote:
Nanti-SARRMM wrote: Well, it is always good that you don't use your grasp of English grammar for the forces of evil, or else we'd all be doomed.
But what about the powers for awesome?
Aw, fade to black. You beat me to it.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

xkcd *** wrote:I wonder if you could become an official superhero...
Not only her, but all the writers. It'd be a secret coalition like unto the justice league, but cooler. They even act like superheros by coming out of retirement occasionally.
xkcd ***

Post by xkcd *** »

Do you know how amazing a Board comic would be?

Who would be the bad guys?
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

xkcd *** wrote:Do you know how amazing a Board comic would be?

secretly: Hobbes

Not so secretly: Annoying readers, government men who don't want the truth to get out, dark squirrels and tunnel worms for obstacles.
xkcd ***

Post by xkcd *** »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
xkcd *** wrote:Do you know how amazing a Board comic would be?

secretly: Hobbes

Not so secretly: Annoying readers, government men who don't want the truth to get out, dark squirrels and tunnel worms for obstacles.
And they'd all fly around with paper bags on their heads.
SWKT Parachuter

Post by SWKT Parachuter »

Why hasn't anyone suggested BYU Info yet? I'm disappointed in YOU. Yes, YOU.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Who would be the bad guys? Lame yahoo! answers that come up as the first google result, that's who.
xkcd ***

Post by xkcd *** »

BYUSA could be the villains that experience a change of heart.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Portia wrote:I laughed when OP said he likes all of his serfs.
Oh man, I laughed so hard...

Okay, not that hard. But I did laugh.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.