#49708 Lesbian roommates

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

TheBlackSheep
The Best

Re: #49708 Lesbian roommates

Post by TheBlackSheep »

Looking for "mean" conversations out of curiosity, re: a recent Board question, and I'm dropping in to say I'm sorry I put this permanently out on the internet. If anybody who doesn't know who I am ever finds this, I was scared and a coward back when I was 20. People who are uncomfortable at the prospect of having a gay roommate ARE the ones with a problem, and you do you and don't let people like 20-year-old me tell you you are "out of line in a big way." Gee wiz.
Portia

Post by Portia »

I was curious what my stance was on gay marriage at that time.

Here's a sample answer, which certainly could be worse, but has a bit of "think of the children!" alarmism.

Also, Rating Pending isn't active here, but he's, like, one of my favorite people to follow on social media. So if there's any "infiltration," it's people's opinions changing. </shock>
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

I think people whose opinions have changed are more likely to stay active on the Boardboard because it's somewhere they can speak with like-minded people, whereas the writers whose opinions stayed fairly mainstream can fulfill that same social need chatting with people at church?
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

I think that is definitely right, Zed. It would be great if other people felt welcome too, but I think that's why some of us are still here.

I'm okay with most of what I wrote on the Board proper about LGBT issues. In fact I can't think of anything I wrote about that that makes me cringe. On this thread, however, I bent too far in order to not cause more of a fight than I could have and still have maintained complete honesty/integrity. I hope no scared LGBT kid ever sees this. I would be mortified. Not even over what I said as much, but rather that I sacrificed my truth that could support them in favor of not scaring people. Not okay.