Customers

Your chance to pontificate on the subject of your choice. (Please keep it PG-rated.)
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Customers

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I already complained to Marduk, but I'm still annoyed (plus I'm moody for girl reasons) so I'm going to continue complaining.

Had this girl who ordered a couple of items but clicked "other" as the method of payment. I contacted her about it, she asked for a PayPal invoice, I sent it, sent reminders, tried contacting her again... she ended up never paying or responding. I eventually cancelled the order.

A couple of days ago she made another order. At first I didn't know it was the same person because she was using a new Etsy account and a new email address; however, the name was similar and I was eventually able to make the connection. She again chose "other." In the "note to seller" section she told me to email her tutorials (to the old email address which was now invalid) and to "kik" her if I had any questions. I'm a little disinclined to set up a whole new thing on my phone just to message a customer who has already caused me lots of problems, so I tried messaging her on Etsy. No response. I tried her new email address. My message bounced. I wrote another message on Etsy just this morning. Ten minutes later she made another purchase in my shop, still didn't pay for it, and still is not responding to my messages.

I'm beginning to wonder if she's trying to trick me into shipping things she hasn't paid for. Or maybe she's just trying to bother me. But seriously, what the hell?
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Whistler

Re: Customers

Post by Whistler »

that's kinda weird... maybe it's an old lady who doesn't know how to use the Internet?
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Maybe Whistler is a nicer human being than I am, but that definitely sounds like a scammer to me.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

It's gotta be a teen. I did some searching of her Etsy name and found what I'm pretty sure is her on Instagram, trying to sell clay charms and acting as if using kik is the only way to communicate.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

What is kik?
beautiful, dirty, rich
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

It's a messaging thing using smartphones - basically texting without having to give out a phone number (you use screen names instead).
blpsara

Post by blpsara »

The only people I know who use kik are some of my little Beehives and MiaMaids...

It sounds like she is trying to scam you. That's my opinion.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

I went ahead and cancelled everything. I had debated trying kik just in case she would actually pay - I could REALLY use the money - but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Especially because it does seem to be mainly for teens, who aren't usually good about paying $60 at a time for online goods. (Previous orders I've had to cancel due to a combination of non-payment and non-responsiveness have mostly been obviously teenagers.)
Portia

Post by Portia »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:She again chose "other." In the "note to seller" section she told me to email her tutorials (to the old email address which was now invalid) and to "kik" her if I had any questions.
Kik scares me. It enable some seriously frightening behavior.