Lawyers ruin religions.

Your chance to pontificate on the subject of your choice. (Please keep it PG-rated.)
Portia

Lawyers ruin religions.

Post by Portia »

Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.
mic0

Re: Lawyers ruin religions.

Post by mic0 »

I thought this was going to go in a very different direction, re: a certain sort-of-news item about Monson and fraud in the UK.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Nah, I was thinking of Christofferson.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

mic0 wrote:I thought this was going to go in a very different direction, re: a certain sort-of-news item about Monson and fraud in the UK.

Wow. I hadn't heard of this before right now.

Just...

WOW.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:
mic0 wrote:I thought this was going to go in a very different direction, re: a certain sort-of-news item about Monson and fraud in the UK.

Wow. I hadn't heard of this before right now.

Just...

WOW.
Honestly, I'm surprised that no one had brought this up yet. (And if you still have no idea what we're talking about and are too lazy to Google, link)
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I'm guessing no one posted it here because the case is somewhat flimsy. Has it been posted about in the Bloggernacle or just ex-mormon forums (where I heard about it)? I'm really interested to see how it is handled.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

It has been passed around a little bit. The Hub has been talking about it, and a few other Mormon political circles.

From what I understand, there doesn't even really need to be a "case" per se, just that the suit is essentially coherent. A pretty low bar. It'll get thrown out right fast.
Deus ab veritas
Portia

Post by Portia »

I first heard about it on the Salt Lake Tribune.