I feel like I got shot.

Your chance to pontificate on the subject of your choice. (Please keep it PG-rated.)
Concorde

I feel like I got shot.

Post by Concorde »

Cleared this out, upon further reflection.

All you missed is that breaking up sucks.
Last edited by Concorde on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rainbow_connection

Re: I feel like I got shot.

Post by Rainbow_connection »

I'm so sorry. I don't have anything to make it feel better, because that's devastating. And I hope you take time to grieve and find some peace eventually.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Dude, message me and call me. I will freaking buy you ice cream. I will buy you steak. I know I don't know you super well but I'm here for you friend.
Last edited by Portia on Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Ugh. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

It sounds like you really loved him, but I can't imagine you being happy without making your own choices in life. :(
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Well, if you want people to spend time with you, we're always up for it. Other than that, I can only say that I'm sorry, and I hope you find peace.
Deus ab veritas
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Concorde wrote:I'm convinced that I deserved it.
Nope. He was asking you to make huge sacrifices and wasn't willing to do the same in return
Concorde wrote:I feel like I was asking for too much.
No. It's not too much to want to be basically happy and have some small amount of control over your life.
Concorde wrote:Being too selfish.
No. You are not selfish and you never have been.
Concorde wrote:Why can't I just be like every other Mormon woman and be content to stay at home and just play the perfect role of homemaker?
Because you are your own person, not a rubber stamp of the Mormon female ideal. (And honestly, most Mormon women aren't like this, either, especially not Mormon Millennial women, in my observation.)
Concorde wrote:I don't fear commitment; I fear containment.
That's a very wise thing to observe about yourself.
Concorde wrote:I don't mind staying at home and raising the kids and being a homemaker. I honestly don't. But I want it to be my choice-- I don't want to be pressured into it.
The world would be a much better place if all women could choose motherhood or housewife-hood without feeling pressured into those choices.
Concorde wrote:I need it to be my choice, and I need to know that I am supported in whatever I want to do with my life.
And you should be.
Concorde wrote:He doesn't own my life. My life does not take a backseat to that of my children without my having a say in it.
And it shouldn't.

I don't know what I can do for you right now, but if one more validating voice helps, you've got mine.