Stuff we're reading / watching / listening to

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Cognoscente

Re: Stuff we're reading / watching / listening to

Post by Cognoscente »

The last Game of Thrones episode (The Door) stabbed me right in the heart.
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

It appears to have stabbed half the internet in the heart. I almost want to watch the series just so I know what everyone's so worked up about.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Between that and the season finale of Agents of SHIELD my heart is just destroyed.
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

I just checked out 10 play scripts from the library. I've got a list of around 60 plays I want to read this summer, so these are just the start! :D
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I'm Halfway through "dramaworld" and it is great!! It's a short show and can be found on Netflix.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Watching Firefly.

Again.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Zedability wrote:Between that and the season finale of Agents of SHIELD my heart is just destroyed.
I'm watching Season 3 of SHIELD on Netflix right now. Like, literally right this very second.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Well, the entire season makes it pretty clear that your heart is going to be destroyed at the end, you just don't know HOW it's destroyed.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Shhhhh.... I'll get there by the end of the week. Not much else to do in Lima OH. :P
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

Bob's Burgers is a great show. Just watched the season 6 finale yesterday, and I can't get the song out of my head. Not that I want to, though. It's pretty great. Makes me happy every time I hear it. I enjoyed the rest of the episode too, but that song...
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

Got to see a free pre-screening for the movie "Nerve" today. I liked it. The concept was thrilling and scarily plausible, lots of adrenaline fueled action too.
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

I started watching Ascension on Netflix today and it is beautiful and amazing! I can't wait wait to see how this turns out :D
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

Shrinky Dink wrote:I started watching Ascension on Netflix today and it is beautiful and amazing! I can't wait wait to see how this turns out :D
Ahhhh!!!! Please please please please please make another season!!!
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

Apparently Hulu is subscription only now. I've been a free member for over six years and have watched over 4,000 videos while logged into my own account and plenty more when not logged in and when watching on someone else's account. I have drifted to only watching 1 or 2 shows during the fall while at one point I was averaging two plus hours of Hulu every day. Back then, I would could have easily justified the $8 a month to watch. Now, I'm just not so sure. I might have to wait and see what shows come back this fall. Maybe I'll just get one or two months of Hulu a year and binge to catch up.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

Oh man. That debate.

I have never been so impressed with Secretary Clinton. Apart from her sheer competence and command of the facts, I think the single best moment of the night was when she just kept talking over Trump until he finally gave up one of the first times he interrupted her.

She looked presidential. I hope the rest of the country could see that.
Violet

Post by Violet »

yayfulness wrote:I have never been so impressed with Secretary Clinton. Apart from her sheer competence and command of the facts, I think the single best moment of the night was when she just kept talking over Trump until he finally gave up one of the first times he interrupted her.

She looked presidential. I hope the rest of the country could see that.
I only caught the foreign policy section of it (woo painting furniture), but I was seriously impressed by Clinton. I do with that Lester Holt would have pushed back more on the Iraq thing (Trump did a lot of talking over Hold in a way that made me cringe), but overall, I think it turned out pretty well for Clinton.
Portia

Post by Portia »

I know we have a couple of serious gamers -- Cogs, and Whistler has done Indie game reviews (and alpha testing?).

A Wikipedia rabbit hole led me to We Happy Few: it looks like BioShock meets Brave New World. I've been really into the Uncle Jack YouTube videos. :P

Has anyone played it/heard about it? It's still a bit pricey for apparently not having the kinks worked out. If anyone tries is during the alpha or later, let me know how you like it! I think video games have really evolved in the past several years to be a storytelling/art form unto themselves (and I don't consider myself a "gamer").

http://store.steampowered.com/app/320240/
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

Interesting. I hadn't heard of this, but yeah, HUGE Bioshock influence. Maybe a little Fable in there too. I like alternative/speculative history and dystopia, so I'll definitely keep my eye on it. Probably not gonna dive into early access though–I'm still burned by No Man's Sky, so the next few games I'm gonna play it safe and wait for the reviews on the final product.

And as a minor aside, I don't consider myself a "gamer" anymore. Not since it started describing a mob of shitty, abusive, entitled misogynists. I'd rather see myself as just a functional adult that respects people and occasionally enjoys games. :P
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
Portia

Post by Portia »

Cognoscente wrote:Interesting. I hadn't heard of this, but yeah, HUGE Bioshock influence. Maybe a little Fable in there too. I like alternative/speculative history and dystopia, so I'll definitely keep my eye on it. Probably not gonna dive into early access though–I'm still burned by No Man's Sky, so the next few games I'm gonna play it safe and wait for the reviews on the final product.

And as a minor aside, I don't consider myself a "gamer" anymore. Not since it started describing a mob of shitty, abusive, entitled misogynists. I'd rather see myself as just a functional adult that respects people and occasionally enjoys games. :P
Sounds like a good plan. Do let us know if it goes to the top of your list.

And I was not thinking of gross misogynist gamers, but the latter description works, too. :-)