Re: What makes you happy today?

Post by Digit »

Latina Est Gaudium — Et Utilis!
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

My chihuahua is wearing an argyle sweater, and my yorkie thinks that it's a toy. Hilarity ensues.

Also, there's a decent chance of a snow day on Monday!
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

Church got cancelled because we've had a ton of snow and ice where I live! I know I shouldn't really be happy about that, but church stuff usually lasts close to six hours because of my calling, so I'm super stoked that my Sunday can actually be a day of rest and peace this week instead of being super busy and stressful.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

It's official, no school tomorrow!

I think it's always reasonable to be excited about a day of rest and peace.
Violet

Post by Violet »

I'm still good for never having school canceled, despite the ice, even while in Texas. I'm really going to see if I can make it through 18 years of education without it. So far, so good.
Genuine Article
Board Writer

My sister-in-law is getting married in July, which means a trip to Utah, where I will see family and eat at all my favorite restaurants from college. Less than two weeks later my sister is getting married in Oregon, which means seeing even more family, eating at all my favorite hometown restaurants, going to the beach, and escaping the humidity of the south for two whole weeks. I am so excited for July.

Also I'm throwing a Pride & Prejudice and Pi(e) slumber party for my birthday next week, which I am really looking forward to.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Genuine Article wrote: Also I'm throwing a Pride & Prejudice and Pi(e) slumber party for my birthday next week, which I am really looking forward to.
I miss you. If you have a spare day in Utah we should get together!
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Whistler wrote:
Genuine Article wrote: Also I'm throwing a Pride & Prejudice and Pi(e) slumber party for my birthday next week, which I am really looking forward to.
I miss you. If you have a spare day in Utah we should get together!
Yes! We fly in the 9th and leave on the 13th, so it will be tight, but I definitely want to make time for our friends while we're in town.
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

I got to have a good, long conversation with some old friends today. It's nice to know that some of my old friends still like me, y'know?
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
Portia

Post by Portia »

Got a real-person job at my boyfriend's company after four months of trying.

But I also have twelve days in which to write a novel draft before I start. If Concorde can write 60 pages in four hours, I'm not letting my v irrational fear of failure stop me.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

I announced on facebook, but I realize some of you aren't my friends on there, so I'll announce here too. I got into grad school! I'm going to be at the U of U, and I've got a TAship to boot. I'm pretty excited.
Deus ab veritas
Portia

Post by Portia »

Marduk wrote:I announced on facebook, but I realize some of you aren't my friends on there, so I'll announce here too. I got into grad school! I'm going to be at the U of U, and I've got a TAship to boot. I'm pretty excited.
Congrats! Margaret Atwood just spoke there, so their Humanities program must be doing something right. :-D

I know you've said you're not a fan of Salt Lake County: are you relocating?
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

No, I don't think so. It isn't that I don't like the county, housing is just cheaper down here. I figure the U gives me free mass transit, so I can ride the train and just make use of my commute grading or reading or whatever.
Deus ab veritas
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

sweet, congrats!
Digit

Post by Digit »

Another amazing find at Goodwill today. Cajal on the Cerebral Cortex: An Annotated Translation of the Complete Writings (of Santiago Ramón y Cajal) in perfect condition for just $1.50.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I've been having nightmares all summer about not getting back into UVU's chamber choir. Yesterday I bombed part of the audition really badly and spent the whole day worrying about when I'd get the email. Got the email inviting me to chamber callbacks. Cried.

Not only am I (probably) going to get back into my favorite choir ever, but they're going on tour to Hawaii this year! I approve.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

wow! awesome. It was sprinkling today when I went for a long walk down the river trail, and the river and the trees and the mountains were beautiful.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

First week of classes is over, and one of my students, while chatting after class, told me mine was her favorite class.
Deus ab veritas
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Our new fridge is being delivered today. Our current fridge is older than I am.
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

Try not to be too impressed (my meaningless accomplishments are so impressive, after all), but I just played the greatest 2048 game of my life thus far. The top row read, from left to right: 512, 1024, 2048, 4096. I was really, really close to building the rest of the chain that would have gotten me my first ever 8192, but alas.