What makes you happy today?

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Shrinky Dink

Re: What makes you happy today?

Post by Shrinky Dink »

When playing 2048, you usually have 5-10 undos available to you. I only mention this because there was a guy that I knew who was an avid player who couldn't get past 4096 until I mentioned the undos
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

Wait, there are WHAT? Thanks for the tip.
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

Check the top right corner. If you download Hexic 2048 (it's free but you watch an ad occasionally), you can play the regular 4X4 square board, all the way up to a 7x7 or 8x8 board and you can even play on weird hexagon shaped boards of varying sizes. It gives you 10 undos to use (it adds an undo every 20minutes or so, maxing out at 10), and my husband has found that every once in a while it will let you watch an ad to get 5 more undos (even over the max 10). I even splurged and paid $3 for unlimited undos, but it kind of takes the fun out of it.
Portia

Post by Portia »

I was feeling the Monday Blues, then this happened:

Whistler

Post by Whistler »

is that all music you really like?
Portia

Post by Portia »

Some of it I know and love, some of it I've heard of, some of it is a mystery to me, but I just ordered some new headphones, and felt that Amazon's personalization seems to be doing well, so I added them all with my Prime account. I love their streaming service.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Had a class yesterday where I gave a pretty impassioned rant about the problems with the way higher education is funded, and how wrong-headed it is to expect the Humanities to justify their existence in terms of fiduciary viability. My students probably either love me or think I'm crazy, and I'm actually alright with either.
Deus ab veritas
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

Our new Roomba came and it is awesome. It is sucking craploads of dust out of the carpet and making my allergies better.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Today what makes me happy is putting opium in my face hole after having SO MUCH dental work.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Being friend-dumped is probably the best thing that has ever happened to me.
Last edited by Portia on Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

I passed my test!!!
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I bought myself a microwaveable thermos so I could have hot chocolate or cider in the middle of the day. It was the best decision I've made.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

wait... MIRCROWAVABLE thermos? whaaaaa? that sounds genius
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Whistler wrote:wait... MIRCROWAVABLE thermos? whaaaaa? that sounds genius
It's more like a reusable coffee mug that you can put in the microwave, but it's seriously the best thing in the world. I've had hot chocolate every morning for this past week. This was the first day I actually microwaved stuff, and it was wonderful.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Our rental application was accepted! We are moving into a house Nov. 1!

Also today is my husband's first day at his new job, meaning that on Nov. 1 I will also be off of my terrible, horrible, no-good, very expensive school district health insurance and onto his brand new, shiny, much better, much cheaper health insurance.

Also I have lost 13 lbs since mid-July.

Also it's been almost a week since I've had any frighteningly vivid suicidal ideations? So that's good too?
Portia

Post by Portia »

Emiliana wrote:Our rental application was accepted! We are moving into a house Nov. 1!

Also today is my husband's first day at his new job, meaning that on Nov. 1 I will also be off of my terrible, horrible, no-good, very expensive school district health insurance and onto his brand new, shiny, much better, much cheaper health insurance.

Also I have lost 13 lbs since mid-July.

Also it's been almost a week since I've had any frighteningly vivid suicidal ideations? So that's good too?
Wow, all those things together sound like great news for you! :-)
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Got my first job offer today. With the two other companies I'm in the process of applying to, I'll know in the next three weeks what I'm doing after graduation.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Marduk wrote:Had a class yesterday where I gave a pretty impassioned rant about the problems with the way higher education is funded, and how wrong-headed it is to expect the Humanities to justify their existence in terms of fiduciary viability. My students probably either love me or think I'm crazy, and I'm actually alright with either.
So I called your department today to see what their funding situation was like at the masters level. Grim.

I have had a vision in mind for a long time of going back to my old high school to teach and be sitting on the quad discussing Rilke and all will be dandy.

Probably means back to the drawing board for me. So props for getting a T.A.ship! There are a lot of barriers to higher education in this country. :-\
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

To be fair, it is much easier for me (Rhet/Comp) than the lit people.
Deus ab veritas
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Today, I recognized that I had taken on more than I should have this semester, that I did it against my better judgement because I didn't want to say no, and gave myself permission to gracefully back out of the commitment causing me the most grief. Then I spent a wonderful few hours getting homework, writing, and self care done.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.