April Fool's Day 2016

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
mic0

April Fool's Day 2016

Post by mic0 »

Anybody do/witness any fun pranks?

I did the mildest of pranks -- installed somewifi-controlled colored lights in our house and surprised Mr. Mico when he went to the bathroom with a light show. He loved it. :)

I also introduced my coworkers to the Chrome extension "cloud-to-butt" which replaces all text occurences of "cloud" with "butt." Our company uses the word "cloud" ALL OVER its website, so it was extra hilarious.
Digit

Re: April Fool's Day 2016

Post by Digit »

weather.com: "butty with a chance of evening showers" :)
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Classic! ^_^
NovemberEast

Post by NovemberEast »

At my office, we have visitor parking signs in some of the spots close to the entrance. Someone at my office replaced one of those signs with a sign for their boss and some inside joke about him that I didn't get. I was mostly impressed because they had a custom metal sign made to replace the other one. So that took effort.

I saw someone else announce on facebook that they had accepted a new job with InGen. They linked to the fake InGen website so all of the "related pages" that showed up below their post were about jurassic park. And a few people posted some pretty clever "congrats" responses that referenced dinosaurs and the movies/books. People still bought it.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I love that job one!
Portia

Post by Portia »

My sister called me up to say the cops were at their house looking for me. Fell hook, line, and sinker. >_<