Worst beverage you've had

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Re: Worst beverage you've had

Post by Craig Jessop »

Marduk wrote:
Digit wrote:Not really a fan of Mate either.
I only like it with tons of sugar.
If I wanted that wonderful grass taste, I'd lick the bottom of a lawn mower.

The following is a sad story for me.

My first night in the mission field, my companion took me to visit one of our investigators. While there, his less-active-member wife made us some jamaica. This was the first time I'd had that drink, and I loved it. I loved it a lot. I still love it.

Fast forward two weeks, and we were lunching with a different less-active member. She made us a nice Ecuadorian meal, including a drink I'd never had before. I loved this drink, also. I mean, I LOVED it. I drank like four glasses of it, and showed no signs of stopping.

Judging from my experience with jamaica, I figured I'd found an even better beverage of Latino origin that I could enjoy for the rest of my life.

"Hermana, what is this? It's delicious!"

"Oh that's iced tea, honey."

I'm still sad thinking about it.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Craig Jessop wrote:
Marduk wrote:

My first night in the mission field, my companion took me to visit one of our investigators. While there, his less-active-member wife made us some jamaica. This was the first time I'd had that drink, and I loved it. I loved it a lot. I still love it.

Fast forward two weeks, and we were lunching with a different less-active member. She made us a nice Ecuadorian meal, including a drink I'd never had before. I loved this drink, also. I mean, I LOVED it. I drank like four glasses of it, and showed no signs of stopping.

Judging from my experience with jamaica, I figured I'd found an even better beverage of Latino origin that I could enjoy for the rest of my life.

Awwwwwww
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Craig Jessop wrote:
Marduk wrote:

That is truly sad.

Although as I was reading this I was halfway expecting the drink to turn out to be alcoholic, which would have been both funnier and probably less sad somehow.

So, if you accidentally drink something against the Word of Wisdom, what do you do? Do you have to go and confess and go through some type of repentance process? Or do you just have to .... not do it again?
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

When I accidentally break the Word of Wisdom I don't worry about it, and in this instance all I did was stop drinking the newly-forbidden, sweet, sweet nectar.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Kombucha. The blog I read that said it tastes like a douche turns out to be right.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Resurrecting old threads, because what else is there to do in Lima on a Thursday night?

One of the bishops in my mission looooooooved "Black Grain Juice," which I believe, is essentially non-alcoholic beer. That stuff was WRETCHED.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Giovanni, you know there's plenty to do in Lima on Thursday nights. I send you suggestions every single day.
Portia

Post by Portia »

You're in Glee territory. ;)
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Craig Jessop wrote:Giovanni, you know there's plenty to do in Lima on Thursday nights. I send you suggestions every single day.

Yeah, I'm gonna take screenshots of those "suggestions" at some point tomorrow when I actually have my phone next to me.