MOOCs

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Digit

MOOCs

Post by Digit »

Who here has actually completed a course at someplace like edX or Coursera? I've started a few but always petered out. I wish I had time. Or, you could say I didn't want it enough to make the time :) Let alone drop a chunk of cash for a certificate.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Whistler

Re: MOOCs

Post by Whistler »

I've started at least one course... but yeah, never finished :-(. The furthest I got on any online study thing was a kanji flashcard website called WaniKani, which I used daily for about two years.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I've finished courses on Codecademy and CodeSchool, but those are much shorter. I'm about halfway done with a course available from MIT OpenCourseware. I haven't paid for anything like that, though.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Then there's dudes like this, 16 at MIT and finished 55 online courses. :shock:
mic0

Post by mic0 »

"I’m very much in the present moment. Maybe that’s why I work effectively. I’m not worried about what I’m going to be, or what I’m going to do. I just relax and focus."

That's such a good outlook. Very cool he can be so booksmart/intelligent and have a healthy attitude like that.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

I don't have direct experience to add here, but I just want to say that I'm taking a course in online pedagogy right now and we've discussed MOOCs at length.
Deus ab veritas
Digit

Post by Digit »

The most-visited courses on MIT OCW: http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/most-visited-courses/