mb title bar nominations

Nominate new quotes for the title bar and peruse the archives.

Moderator: Title Bar

bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

SWKT Parachuter wrote:Who the heck is Bismark?
Make that the benighted soul. Though we love you despite your unenlightened state and your need for sarcastic and unhappy remarks. : D
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

It seems the parachuter doth protest too much.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:It seems the parachuter doth protest too much.
Indeed.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
SWKT Parachuter

Post by SWKT Parachuter »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:It seems the parachuter doth protest too much.
THAT'S NOT EVEN WHAT THAT LINE MEANS.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

you mean you do not proclaim yourself as an idealist, as someone who isn't inane or silly? How silly of me to think that you haven't been proclaiming yourself as the sane one on the board, it is absolute horrid behavior on my part.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
SWKT Parachuter

Post by SWKT Parachuter »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:you mean you do not proclaim yourself as an idealist, as someone who isn't inane or silly? How silly of me to think that you haven't been proclaiming yourself as the sane one on the board, it is absolute horrid behavior on my part.
First, let me get something straight. I have never said I am not an idealist. I simply am realistic; the two are not mutually exclusive. And, yes, I like being silly as much as the next guy. It's just that I appreciate true wit more than silly things people say trying to be funny -- you'll find that truly hilarious things are more spontaneous than planned. People trying to be funny generally aren't.

And what does this have anything to do with your behavior, Nanti-SARRMM, however "horrid" it may be?
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

ok, realist, sorry. And clearly this is just another proof that sarcasm does not translate well on the internet
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Why are there three o's in the quote?
Last edited by bobtheenchantedone on Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Quote nominations, people, quotes!

"Chemistry is the illegitimate love child of English and me." -Mack Wil . . . Craig Jessop
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

Nominating Craig for the title bar sort of reminds me of James Dean's posthumous Academy Award nomination...in other words, awesome.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

All of the good ones I notice happen off the Board, such as "If you're stalking each other, that's called romance."
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I use a kissy winky face exclusively ;-*
And every time I do it, I think about how it's secretly kind of giving its recipient the ol' stinkeye.

Swicket
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:I use a kissy winky face exclusively ;-*
And every time I do it, I think about how it's secretly kind of giving its recipient the ol' stinkeye.

Swicket
I would second that, but it's probably too long to go on the title bar. Too bad because it's one of the funnier things I've read on here lately.
Giovanni Schwartz

"Yeah, that's right, frickin' Buddha. I'm that good."

Cognoscente

Not here, but on the real Board
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

Darth Fedora wrote:Nominating Craig for the title bar sort of reminds me of James Dean's posthumous Academy Award nomination...in other words, awesome.
He didn't die... and if it were to be put up, someone could save a screen shot for him or something. He will come back... only more years
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

Werf_Must wrote:He didn't die... and if it were to be put up, someone could save a screen shot for him or something. He will come back... only more years
I know he didn't die. That's why I said "sort of reminds me of" and not "is exactly like."
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Darth Fedora wrote:
Werf_Must wrote:He didn't die... and if it were to be put up, someone could save a screen shot for him or something. He will come back... only more years
I know he didn't die. That's why I said "sort of reminds me of" and not "is exactly like."
So in two year he will basically be recalled to life.

yeah, bad Tale of Two cities reference.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Edward needs the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch stuffed up his butt. Hard.
Giovanni Schwartz

Who said that?
Giovanni Schwartz

In Communist Russia, the tithing pays YOU!--Katya