Gmail spam

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Benvolio

Gmail spam

Post by Benvolio »

I'm willing to bet that the questioner in the spam question today gets quite a bit more spam in his or her BYU account than he or she realizes. Institutional mail providers such as large corporations or universities are heavily targeted, so most will filter out a lot of spam before it ever hits anyone's inbox. Also, depending on your AOL and Hotmail settings, you may never see the spam you receive. I've noticed a fair regular stream of spam in my Gmail accounts, but none of it ever reaches the inbox so I don't mind.
- Benvolio
jooniper

Post by jooniper »

Yeah I was curious about that, as I've never had any problems with my gmail account, which I've now had for... 4 years? Since whenever it started. And I use it all the time to sign up for stuff online. The spam filter just sticks it in the spam folder and it never bothers me at all.
come to think of it, I guess I do have nearly a thousand messages int hat spam folder from the last month. I jsut ignore it so entirely that in my head gmail=no spam.