#46808 ADT's, VMT's and other TLA's

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

A Mom, but not yours

#46808 ADT's, VMT's and other TLA's

Post by A Mom, but not yours »

Sam, if that answer was unclear, let me know. I spent quite a while being responsible for submitting that stuff to the feds for Idaho.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Re: #46808 ADT's, VMT's and other TLA's

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

A Mom, but not yours wrote:Sam, if that answer was unclear, let me know. I spent quite a while being responsible for submitting that stuff to the feds for Idaho.
I think I understand it, there are ATRs in the road at certain places that counts the vehicles that pas by correct? And by that the miles driven are calculated?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
A Mom, but not yours

Post by A Mom, but not yours »

Yes, at least as far as it goes. Traffic counts are also collected by road tubes that you see on the roads periodically. Those are only for a certain period of time on a regular schedule. And miles driven are calculated from both kinds of counts. To get mileage driven on roads minor enough to not merit ATR's or even road tubes, each state uses a slightly different method, but in Idaho at least, it does include such things as vehicle registrations and gas taxes.