#47271: Figure Drawing

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

D'artagnan

#47271: Figure Drawing

Post by D'artagnan »

I respectCFE for asking this question, because I think it shows that this person is trying to make sure that they are temple worthy, and so it is good to ask around.

As for the question, I too think that it matters, or more appropriately that the class doesn't need to be dropped in order to remain temple worthy.
My reasoning is that BYU would not host a class or activity that would get it's students in spiritual dangers. Also, assuming that you can keep control of your thoughts while drawing, it's not a problem.

As most may say, if you're experiencing problems maintaining pure thoughts, stay away. Do what the spirit advises you to do.
orb360

Re: #47271: Figure Drawing

Post by orb360 »

D'artagnan wrote:I respectCFE for asking this question, because I think it shows that this person is trying to make sure that they are temple worthy, and so it is good to ask around.

As for the question, I too think that it matters, or more appropriately that the class doesn't need to be dropped in order to remain temple worthy.
My reasoning is that BYU would not host a class or activity that would get it's students in spiritual dangers. Also, assuming that you can keep control of your thoughts while drawing, it's not a problem.

As most may say, if you're experiencing problems maintaining pure thoughts, stay away. Do what the spirit advises you to do.
It's not like you're naked right?

You're just in a swimsuit like anyone would be at the pool... and who doesn't like pool parties?
Everything below the line of coherence may be safely ignored.
Naazju

Post by Naazju »

I actually have a friend who posed for the figure drawing class and he's endowed. He agreed with orb360; it's like wearing a swim suit and, no, he wouldn't wear his garments when he posed. But, like D'artagnan, I'm glad that this person is doing some self-evaluating and checking around.
orb360

Post by orb360 »

Naazju wrote:I actually have a friend who posed for the figure drawing class and he's endowed. He agreed with orb360; it's like wearing a swim suit and, no, he wouldn't wear his garments when he posed. But, like D'artagnan, I'm glad that this person is doing some self-evaluating and checking around.
Well do you wear your garments when swimming? no...

and swimming won't keep you out of the temple either
Everything below the line of coherence may be safely ignored.
D'artagnan

Post by D'artagnan »

orb360 wrote: Well do you wear your garments when swimming? no...

Unless, you know, you're skinny dipping...
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

D'artagnan wrote:
orb360 wrote: Well do you wear your garments when swimming? no...

Unless, you know, you're skinny dipping...
Though apparently if you're doing that after dark with your husband in your pool in the backyard behind a privacy fence, you're okay. Or so I've heard.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
D'artagnan

Post by D'artagnan »

bobtheenchantedone wrote: Though apparently if you're doing that after dark with your husband in your pool in the backyard behind a privacy fence, you're okay. Or so I've heard.
Nah, that's just one of those myths that seminary teachers spread around.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

D'artagnan wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote: Though apparently if you're doing that after dark with your husband in your pool in the backyard behind a privacy fence, you're okay. Or so I've heard.
Right... seminary teachers... and not... someone else...
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
D'artagnan

Post by D'artagnan »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:
D'artagnan wrote:
Maybe they were Protestant or Separatist Seminary Teachers? It's hard to keep track these days.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

D'artagnan wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:
D'artagnan wrote: Nah, that's just one of those myths that seminary teachers spread around.
Maybe they were Protestant or Separatist Seminary Teachers? It's hard to keep track these days.
They totally weren't parents, that's for sure. Especially not mine.
vorpal blade

Re: #47271: Figure Drawing

Post by vorpal blade »

orb360 wrote: It's not like you're naked right?
I don't know about BYU, but at the U. of Arizona they are naked.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

Pretty much anywhere except BYU they are naked. But here they wear swimsuits.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

they're naked at vassar, but that's why they get paid so well.
beautiful, dirty, rich