Homecoming?

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Giovanni Schwartz

Homecoming?

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Being immersed in high school as I still am, I need to come up with a creative way to ask a girl to homecoming. Also, I prefer fairly cheap. My name can be hidden in the answer, or, (this is less preferred) it can just be on a card/poster/whatever. So help me, friends of the board. Tell me how to ask the girl. She is quite the drama geek, although she does take choir with me as well. Puns are welcome, as are plays on words. (I.e. "Of all the fish in the sea, I hope you'll go wiht me." Then you fill the girl's bathtub with goldfish. That's how I asked for Prom last year.) Help friends!
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

I asked for one homecoming by writing a message and cutting it into puzzle pieces and put them into balloons.

You can try making it a riddle, or a a version of scripture search, but with plays, where she has to follow the clues to get to the question.

Or, since she likes Drama, dress all snazzy, and go to her window one evening and recite Romeo's speech to her, fitting in homecoming as best you can. You may want to make sure her parents are aware of the plan so they don't get too suspicious,. or maybe get help from them so she's near a balcony or something.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Write stuff, cut pieces, and freeze them inside a giant block of ice.

"Send him on a scavenger hunt all over town. End in a graveyard, at a tombstone that says, "Rest in Peace, Our Relationship."

"That's great, but where would we get a tombstone?"

"I know, I know! I have a dead great-grandma, and she has a great sense of humor!"
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

or, you know, just ask. seems like a waste to use your creative energy to ask someone to homecoming in a complicated way. it's just a high school dance. and though you are immersed in high school right now, it's really a lot easier (and i think more romantic honestly) to just say "hey. i was hoping you'd go to the dance with me." i always turned down guys who didn't ask me face to face because it takes more guts to ask directly.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Imogen wrote:i always turned down guys who didn't ask me face to face because it takes more guts to ask directly.
So . . . you went out of your way to crush the guys who were already intimidated? ;)
Giovanni Schwartz

You have to remember that I am in super-Mormon Mesa, Arizona, where anything besides the norm was frowned upon. And the nonrm, in this case, is to be creative.
D'artagnan

Post by D'artagnan »

Here's something, ask her through a game of cherades.
sqrt(-1)

Post by sqrt(-1) »

:oops: LOL My last homecoming date asked me by putting on a puppet show on my front porch. It was like totally cute!!! LOL :wink:
woe me
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Once I asked a guy who liked superheros to preference by sending him a box with a cape to wear, and then clues leading him around. There were a bunch of stations with friends who made him defeat obstacles based on weird inside jokes, and at the end he got captured by the bad guys and I had to rescue him. That is kinda drama club like . . .
Giovanni Schwartz

D'artagnan wrote:Here's something, ask her through a game of cherades.
It's charades. And you were criticizing my spelling?
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:
D'artagnan wrote:Here's something, ask her through a game of cherades.
It's charades. And you were criticizing my spelling?
I kept reading checkers.... wow.
But thick as you are, pay attention!
My words are a matter of Pride.

My Goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Katya wrote:
Imogen wrote:i always turned down guys who didn't ask me face to face because it takes more guts to ask directly.
So . . . you went out of your way to crush the guys who were already intimidated? ;)
yes. i'm not an apprentice crusher of dreams for no reason!

and gio, wouldn't be more unique to just ask then? you know, don't follow the crowd, do your own thing, be your own person...no?
beautiful, dirty, rich
Giovanni Schwartz

Craig tried that one time. Everyone saw it as a social faux pas.
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

Now that I'm a girl, I can say...

In the Mormon bubble... creativity is key. She'll most likely say yes even if you don't do anything, but when you're comparing stories with friends, it's best to have a creative date.
But thick as you are, pay attention!
My words are a matter of Pride.

My Goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
Giovanni Schwartz

PRetty much. That's all. I think I like the ice one okay, I just need a clever rhyme or alliteration to go with it.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Imogen wrote:and gio, wouldn't be more unique to just ask then? you know, don't follow the crowd, do your own thing, be your own person...no?
If you don't have a lot of money to spend on the date, it's a way of showing you put some effort into the activity, even if you're not Mr. Moneybags. (Not that I don't prefer more straightforward approaches, myself, but that's the mindset, anyway.)
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

i guess i find simple things more endearing because it seems more like the person cares about ME and not their image. does that make sense? some people don't get that.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Imogen wrote:i guess i find simple things more endearing because it seems more like the person cares about ME and not their image. does that make sense? some people don't get that.
Oh, sure. In the end, social convention is pointless if it's not what you, personally, respond to. I'm just explaining why "creative dating" might be seen as a form of social currency, at all.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

yeah i can see why that is. i guess it just seems silly in high school and even in college (unless you're with the person a really long time.)
beautiful, dirty, rich