#47600 Proposition 8

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

361 wrote:My friend says that if gays get what they want, then preaching that being gay is a sin will soon fall under hate-speech and all churches that continue to preach anti-gay will be under attack...

What do you think... I certainly agree that this could be on the gay extremist's agenda... But would it actually happen?
I doubt it. If the preaching of a person or church incites someone to commit terrible crimes against the gay population, that's one thing, but we modern Mormons aren't known for our violent behavior. I can't think of any legal precedent for it, otherwise, which makes this a slippery slope fallacy.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

if the KKK falls under the 1st amendment, so would that. they're still allowed to march, and they spout legit hate speech. saying you think something is a sin would have to be protected as well because that's not nearly as bad. i may disagree with it, but i wouldn't call that hate speech.
beautiful, dirty, rich
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

I thought the video on this web page was interesting.

http://www.libertyaction.org/294/petiti ... &P=1&NID=1