48640 - secret identity stalkers

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

bismark
Old Man

48640 - secret identity stalkers

Post by bismark »

well, now that we see how all of the board writers hate being stalked, i think this message board can stop existing now. all the boardie freaks should go get some sunshine.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Um. I have never consciously stalked a board writer. And yet I love the message board. I think it can continue to exist. :D
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
wired

Post by wired »

Really though, who are these people who stalk board writers? That's disturbing. I'll admit, I am curious to know if I actually know any board writers, but just blankly trying to find out who people are that I don't know.... that's just weird.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

The most effort I have put in to figuring out a boardie is bob. And then I decided I didn't care, so I gave up. The rest just kind of appear to me. That's all.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

I second Fred's motion. I love the board, but could not care less who the writers are in real life. I mean, I don't even live in Provo, and will never meet them in real life, so the fake names are about as good as real ones to me. And I am not really worried about my own identity either. Katya commented on my blog once, which has my real name all over it, and all that did was make me wonder how she did it.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I agree. I have only discovered one writer, and that was because I had happened to be looking at his facebook profile on a completely unrelated stalking venture the day before he posted an old profile pic on the board.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I really kind of dig the whole "no one knows who anyone is in real life" thing. I found out recently that a certain former writer from the back in the day when I was still at BYU is a relative of a friend of mine, and I am amazed at how much I wish I didn't know that! It's like the magic is gone now. It was kind of like someone told me Santa wasn't real (and by the way, no one ever actually told me that Santa wasn't real, but that's a different topic). Werf was an awesome writer and is an awesome person, but now I can't wonder who that writer is anymore, and that's no fun.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

It's kinda fun to have all that mystery, but I must say that I've loved meeting those that I have met. Now some of my best friends are people I met through the Board.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

NerdGirl wrote:... by the way, no one ever actually told me that Santa wasn't real...
Santa isn't real.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Fredjikrang wrote:Um. I have never consciously stalked a board writer.
So you stalk them unconsciously?
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
I know I do...
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
I wouldn't know. :D
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]