#49057 -- jerks

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Portia

#49057 -- jerks

Post by Portia »

Another thing to consider is that there are men who are blatant tools, whom any self-respecting woman wouldn't give the time of day; then there are smart, fun, easy-to-talk-to guys who also turn out to be a bit on the jerky side, for whatever reason. If the latter also happens to be astoundingly good-looking, it might be a bit hard for a woman to end the relationship/get over him, but that doesn't mean that she would never eventually go for a more considerate dude. It's the old guy you would date/guy you would marry conundrum, here.

Re: #49057 -- jerks

Post by 361 »

Portia wrote:It's the old guy you would date/guy you would marry conundrum, here.
Edit: Let me rephrase that...

If you're not dating the kinda guy you want to marry... You'll never marry that kinda guy...

(or girl...)
Tao

Re: #49057 -- jerks

Post by Tao »

361 wrote:If you're not dating the kinda guy you want to marry... You'll never marry that kinda guy...

(or girl...)
Yes and no. I believe that there are those who intentionally (at some level) become infatuated with those they consider non-marriageable. Perhaps as a defense against marriage. It is my opinion that this makes finding someone "right" much harder, but not impossible.
He who knows others is clever;
He who knows himself has discernment.
He who overcomes others has force;
He who overcomes himself is strong. 33:1-4
habiba

Post by habiba »

I believe that there are those who intentionally (at some level) become infatuated with those they consider non-marriageable. Perhaps as a defense against marriage.
Amen.
allahu akbar