ID#: 50519 How are you?

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

A Mom, but not yours

ID#: 50519 How are you?

Post by A Mom, but not yours »

My favorite answer: Fair, to partly cloudy.
Or: Overcast, with a chance of showers.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I like to say I'm well, but not so sure if I'm good. I know I'm not bad, but not so sure about good. Have I mentioned that I like seeing confused looks on people's faces?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Occasionally I respond with "Do you want an honest answer?"
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:Occasionally I respond with "Do you want an honest answer?"
and i would respond with "no and i never will because now i know how obnoxious of a person you are."
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Well I don't say it to random people, of course. Only to friends.

Mostly I either lie or mentally change the definition of "fine."
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I say "I'm continuing to exist".
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

I believe I confused Random once by saying I was doing well. She didn't know how to respond.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

I'm not sure people even listen to your response. It's just a formality of greeting. I suspect you could say, "My grandmother just died, my neighbors poisoned my dog, and I have cancer with only 3 months to live. How are you?"

And they would probably reply, "Good to hear it! I'm fine too!"
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

vorpal blade wrote:I'm not sure people even listen to your response. It's just a formality of greeting. I suspect you could say, "My grandmother just died, my neighbors poisoned my dog, and I have cancer with only 3 months to live. How are you?"

And they would probably reply, "Good to hear it! I'm fine too!"
I actually experienced that twice last week, Someone said hello and asked how I was, but we were like 10 feet away, so I didn't hear correctly and asked "What?" and they responded that they were doing well too.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Neologism

Post by Neologism »

Does it bother anyone else that "whats up?" has become a way of saying "hi?" No response is even expected for it any more. Weird...
or so this werf thinks...
Giovanni Schwartz

I say "What's up?" or "'sup?" (purely in jest, of course,) and when I say it, I expect people to say it back.
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

Neologism wrote:Does it bother anyone else that "whats up?" has become a way of saying "hi?" No response is even expected for it any more. Weird...
I used to say "what's up?" as a greeting/how are you... but 95% of the time the person says "the ceiling, ha ha ha"
Giovanni Schwartz

I made up saying "the ceiling" as a response to what's up.
Neologism

Post by Neologism »

I used to say "the sky," but it got old really fast...and it just confused people and was definitely not worth the effort of explaining to them...
or so this werf thinks...
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

I usually force out an overly enthusiastic "Great!" or "Super!" or "Fantastic!"

The contrast between that and my normal unenthusiastic nature makes it clear I am not serious. However, it also allows me to continue the charade with a large smile, if I must, for people who really are that cheerful all the time.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:I made up saying "the ceiling" as a response to what's up.
You aren't the only one. I did that, and still do sometimes. ;D

And Neologism, you just have to sell it better. A quick glance upwards does wonders! ;D
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Giovanni Schwartz

I can vouch for Fredji.