100 Hour Board iPhone App

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

bjhomer

100 Hour Board iPhone App

Post by bjhomer »

Some of you have probably already seen this on the Board, but I thought I'd announce it here as well.

I'm a big fan of the 100 Hour Board, so when Omniture announced their iPhone App competition, I decided to make a Board application that would let me read each day's posts on my iPod Touch. I'm very happy with how it turned out; I often end up using the program to read new posts even before I get out of bed. (Usually while I'm waiting for my wife to wake up.) Questions and answers are displayed in an iPhone-optimized format that makes them easier to read; feedback has been really good.

The app downloads each day's new posts when it first opens, and for the rest of the day you can read them even if you don't have an internet connection at the time. It also lets you navigate through the archives very easily. And instead of using the less-than-impressive search functionality on the Board's website, it uses Google to search every question ever posted on the Board. Better results in less time.

I could go on about it, but really, I just want you to try it out. (If you don't have an iPhone or iPod touch, I'm afraid you're out of luck. Then again, if you don't have one, then you're probably not reading this.) You can get it at http://tinyurl.com/100hourapp (link opens in iTunes), or just search for "100 Hour Board" in the App Store. It's free!

Oh, and if you have any ideas on how to make the app better, let me know! You can't ask questions right now, since the Board webmasters haven't made any way for me to log in from the app yet. But if it's something that lots of people want, I'll see if we can work something out.
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

cue schwartzy trying to justify his poor purchase by saying the iphone sucks in three two one...

anyway, yes, the app is quite good. go get it.
Claudio

Post by Claudio »

I have used this app, and it is awesome. It's enough to make me wish for an iPhone. Then again, most things in life make me wish for an iPhone. Alas.

Anyway. If you have an iPhone/iPod Touch and you like the Board, you need this app.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

But the real question is, it is awesome enough to warrant me buying an iPod touch to get it? ;D
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

it is, fred. it is.

i love the app. it made my morning ride from the site i was at back to the office much more enjoyable. good work!
beautiful, dirty, rich
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Hmmn, I'm in the same boat with you Fred. Well rather I have a few other splurges that need to be splurged first before getting an Ipod Touch.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

I am going to be splurging shortly on an iPod Touch. Possibly as early as next month.
This just gives me an extra excuse. Yay!
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
bjhomer

Post by bjhomer »

Imogen, I'm glad you like it. It makes me happy to hear that people like it.

yellow m&m, since I'm sure that the most consideration on when you buy your iPod touch is what's convenient for me (as opposed to, you know, finances or anything else), I vote that you buy it before April 5. That's when the Omniture contest that I'm in ends. :)
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

bismark wrote:cue schwartzy trying to justify his poor purchase by saying the iphone sucks in three two one...

anyway, yes, the app is quite good. go get it.
I'll stick with my Berry. Verizon v. ATT? I'll stick with what I've got. Also, April 5th is my birthday.

And now back to the wonderful world of hiatus.